Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-08-2023, 03:07 AM   #1
Katja_hbg
Groupie
Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Glo HD (landscape), Kobo Aura One
Book-add and Metadata Download, add rules to filter/transform title

All my books downloaded from Amazon get the addition "(German Edition)" in the title. Currently I remove that by a search/replace.

But I would prefer to add such a rule in the Book-add function and in Metadata-download function like tags, author and publisher.

So I wonder whether there is a chance to get some rules for title, at least "suppress/remove: ...specific wording ...".
And maybe some user are interested in the other rules around uppercase/lowercase similar to author and publisher.
Katja_hbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 04:57 AM   #2
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katja_hbg View Post
All my books downloaded from Amazon get the addition "(German Edition)" in the title. Currently I remove that by a search/replace.

But I would prefer to add such a rule in the Book-add function and in Metadata-download function like tags, author and publisher.
Hi, I just leave this option in screenshot below checked: "Read Metadata from file contents".

Click image for larger version

Name:	MWSnap 2023-04-08, 05_40_43.png
Views:	75
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	200866

Otherwise I *think* you'll need to use a Regular Expression, such as the one I found in this post:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...6&postcount=14

Code:
^((?P<author>([^\-_0-9]+)(?=\s*-\s*)(?!\s*-\s*[0-9.]+)|\b))(\s*-\s*)?(\[?(?P<series>[^0-9\-]+) (- )?(?P<series_index>[0-9.]+)\]?\s*-\s*)?(?P<title>[a-zA-Z1-9 ]+).+
Look forward to see other members input, as I find regex so intriguing

edit: I think I wrongly presumed that the (German Edition) bit was originating from the filename...

Last edited by Comfy.n; 04-08-2023 at 06:58 AM.
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2023, 04:57 AM   #3
un_pogaz
Chalut o/
un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo
I suggest to use the plugin Mass Search/Replace which allows you to save a search/replace operations and to quickly execute it in 1 click and/or shortcut.
un_pogaz is offline   Reply With Quote