Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old Today, 01:05 AM   #1
mgbsher
mgbsher began at the beginning.

Device: none
sort or arrange books in calibre manually (up, down, and drag)

Just an idea to be implemented, what about adding any option to sort or arrange books in calibre manually?
like selecting several books in a raw or randomly selected and move them to top or bottom or drag it to any other place in the list of books inside calibre.
also, maybe something like a right click and move up, move down, move to top, move to bottom, or manual drag it where person wish, as each one of us has a very different perspective.
That is in case there is any option already like that and I am not aware about it.
mgbsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:40 AM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
That option is not present and is unlikely to be implemented. You can already arrange the books in a calibre quite a few different ways. Personally, with a library over 15,000 books, there is no way that I would consider being able to drag the books into a random order to be useful.

That question has been asked many times over more than a decade. See Rearranging order of books stored in Calibre for an example from 2012.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 01:41 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Moderator Notice
See ==>> PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING HERE - Purpose of Development subforum

I'll move this to the Library Management subforum

The Reading List or User Categories plugins in combination with a Virtual Library might provide a solution, dragging things up and down the list won't survive sorting the list.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:51 AM   #4
mgbsher

The reason for my idea was as follow:
(If you have a better option to help me with my workflow that would be awesome).
I am downloading many books from a public domain, and it is not titled correctly, and some has only the numbers of isbn or author name, but all has a cover of the book.
So, I am getting confused of which copies to keep in my library.
So, I add them all to calibre, so I was just scrolling manually and use the book folder link to get a pdf copy and then sort it externally.
So, my idea was to just scroll books visually in calibre and then group each set of books according to the cover.
The other reason for doing so is that sometimes some copies have missing pages, so I compare visually and select the most appropriate ones.
Old Today, 01:59 AM   #5
mgbsher

-later edit-
I do not mean to argue that I want to have this feature, but I mean if you have a better way for the workflow, I do to achieve best results efficiently in a short time and few steps.
Advert