Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-14-2014, 03:12 PM   #1
JDS321
JDS321 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
Help Please with saving books first last name

Hello, Can anyone help me with setting the save feature on calibre so that it saves by first name last name. By default it saves as last name first name and I had many already saved as first name last name and want to continue that way.
I would appreciate any help. Thank You
JDS321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 03:22 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Are you talking about the name inside the Calibre library, or when exporting books from the library.

The name inside the library is determined by the value you have set for author the field in Caliber. You have no further control over the naming inside the library.

When exporting books the name is determined by the Save-to-Disk template set in preferences.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2014, 06:04 PM   #3
JDS321

yes , correct on the template

thanks for your reply. Yes that is correct on the save to disk template. I am fairly new to calibre and not sure how to change the template for saving to disk with first name last name format. Any guidance on this would be very much appreciated
Old 05-14-2014, 06:24 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDS321 View Post
thanks for your reply. Yes that is correct on the save to disk template. I am fairly new to calibre and not sure how to change the template for saving to disk with first name last name format. Any guidance on this would be very much appreciated
@JDS321 - there are a number of preset templates in Preferences->Saving books to disk. See attachment

Maybe one of them will suit your needs, if not then they should be enough to help you get what you want. You could also browse the threads I reference in this post - https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=18

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot - 2014-05-15 , 08_14_16.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	122990  
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:36 PM   #5
JDS321

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried every one of those templates in the drop down menu and none did what I was wanting. I tried modifying as best I could with no success. There has to be an easy simple template to save to disk by first name last name. I'm not very familiar with creating my own so if anyone has done this please let me know. I feel like I need to take a programming class to figure this out..LOL
Advert
Old 05-14-2014, 11:01 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDS321 View Post
Thank you for the suggestion. I tried every one of those templates in the drop down menu and none did what I was wanting. I tried modifying as best I could with no success. There has to be an easy simple template to save to disk by first name last name. I'm not very familiar with creating my own so if anyone has done this please let me know. I feel like I need to take a programming class to figure this out..LOL
depending on how your Authors column is arranged:

{authors} for what you see
{author_sort} for what the sort is set for (and what show when green in the metadata editor for the author_sort
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:10 PM   #7
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra H2O, Libra Colour
And you ARE doing the calibre "save to disk" function and not hoping to change the naming standard in use for the actual calibre library itself, right?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:50 PM   #8
JDS321

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
And you ARE doing the calibre "save to disk" function and not hoping to change the naming standard in use for the actual calibre library itself, right?
correct, just on save to disk
Old 05-14-2014, 11:57 PM   #9
JDS321

Woohooo I just figured it out! Thank you to all that helped with suggestions