Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old Today, 12:06 PM   #1
SLaSZT
SLaSZT knows the complete value of PI to the endSLaSZT knows the complete value of PI to the endSLaSZT knows the complete value of PI to the endSLaSZT knows the complete value of PI to the endSLaSZT knows the complete value of PI to the endSLaSZT knows the complete value of PI to the endSLaSZT knows the complete value of PI to the endSLaSZT knows the complete value of PI to the endSLaSZT knows the complete value of PI to the endSLaSZT knows the complete value of PI to the endSLaSZT knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Kindle PW4 (2018)
Unhappy Help with JB - accidental OTA update (5.16.9)

Hey everyone, I lent out my Kindle PW4 and airplane mode was turned off. It updated to 5.16.9, so I'm pretty bummed. I went through a bunch of threads but couldn't find much solid info concerning FW >= 5.16.5 since you apparently can't search this forum using firmware version numbers.

Here's the situation:
  • Hotfix was applied prior to the update
  • Screen displays ****JAILBREAK**** on boot
  • KUAL doesn't open
  • ;log mrpi doesn't do anything
  • UYK option is gone

Is there anything I can do? Obviously this was stupid, but I didn't know renameotabin existed until today.
SLaSZT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:29 PM   #2
scribe_user
scribe_user doesn't litterscribe_user doesn't litterscribe_user doesn't litter

Device: scribe
You have two options. With second option, you will get JB, USBnet & KOReader only.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ight=emergency

https://fw.notmarek.com/khf/
scribe_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 01:42 PM   #3
SLaSZT
SLaSZT knows the complete value of PI to the endSLaSZT knows the complete value of PI to the endSLaSZT knows the complete value of PI to the endSLaSZT knows the complete value of PI to the endSLaSZT knows the complete value of PI to the endSLaSZT knows the complete value of PI to the endSLaSZT knows the complete value of PI to the endSLaSZT knows the complete value of PI to the endSLaSZT knows the complete value of PI to the endSLaSZT knows the complete value of PI to the endSLaSZT knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Kindle PW4 (2018)
Thumbs up Fixed!

You are an absolute legend. Thank you so much.

For anyone reading with the same problem, I followed this post's instructions and used this firmware from Amazon (specific to PW4):
Code:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/firmwaredownloads/update_kindle_all_new_paperwhite_v2_5.16.2.1.1.bin
SLaSZT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pw4 jailbreak