Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old Today, 07:13 AM   #1
Mickeyxx
Mickeyxx began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 11 Signture Edition
Kindle PW SE no sideload no update

the problem started that all my books vanished and whenever i transfer them back via calibre they disappeared as soon as i unplug the device.
i have tried factory resetting/ changing region/ older versions of calibre/ factory resetting and then keeping it on airplane mode from the start/ and even copying pdfs directly to the kindle without calibre
the only thing that worked was transferring an epub file through the amazon link
the final solution was to update my kindle manually from version 5.16.9 to 5.16.10 and faced another problem..

the update my kindle option does not exist ( not greyed out but doesn't actually exist on my device), and neither is advanced options! i scrolled every list to the very bottom, but they were not there! i checked every three dots menu on every page!

i have tried literally everything, and CS are super useless, been talking to them the past three days. i am heartbroken my kindle was my everything.
and i am not financially stable to buy another device..
Mickeyxx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:37 AM   #2
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
If the ‘update my kindle button’ is greyed out or missing it check you have downloaded the correct update for your kindle.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 07:48 AM   #3
Mickeyxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
If the ‘update my kindle button’ is greyed out or missing it check you have downloaded the correct update for your kindle.
I have copied the kindle paperwhite 5.16.10 from the amazon website
Plus it's not greyed out but it simply just doesn't exist :/
Old Today, 10:54 AM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyxx View Post
I have copied the kindle paperwhite 5.16.10 from the amazon website
Plus it's not greyed out but it simply just doesn't exist :/
It might have been for the wrong Paperwhite model.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:57 AM   #5
Mickeyxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
It might have been for the wrong Paperwhite model.
i copied both kindle 11 and kindle paperwhite 11 (i have paper white 11 signture edition)
Advert
Old Today, 11:48 AM   #6
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyxx View Post
i copied both kindle 11 and kindle paperwhite 11 (i have paper white 11 signture edition)
You copied both to your PW? Kindle 11 is another model entirely.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:22 PM   #7
Mickeyxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
You copied both to your PW? Kindle 11 is another model entirely.
i tried updating while each one the device and didn't work