Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old Today, 07:25 PM   #1
mezme
Connoisseur
mezme began at the beginning.

Device: PRS700
Updating metadata on Copy To Library

If I use "Copy To Library" to copy bookA from the master libary to the SciFi Library... it copies the book and metadata over. If I edit bookA (ie: change genre, update series, etc) and recopy it over to the SciFi the book copies over and replaces the old book with the new book. The metadata stored in Calibre, however, does not update. The only (super clunky) way I have found is to go to the SciFi library, delete the book. Go back to the Master Library and recopy the book to the SciFi library.

It's just another step that is just ugggg especially when doing bulk updates, etc

Is there a setting that I am missing that would allow me to use "Copy to Libary" and when it finds an already existing book in the library it overwrites the BOOK and the METADATA?
mezme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:59 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Why bother with setting up multiple physical libraries when you could get the same result by using virtual libraries? One friend of mine using a genre tags to separate his VLs (some of his tags are SciFi, Mathematics, Cooking, Biography and Mystery). Basically his virtual libraries are based on a search for one of those tags.

See Virtual Libraries for more information.

The only two physical libraries I use are Intake where I import books, clean up metadata and any editing that the books need and Main where books are moved to from Intake.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert