Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-16-2020, 06:40 PM   #1
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Kobo.conf template?

I have been searching for "Kobo.conf" and have not found the answer I was looking for, please accept my apologies if this is a FAQ:

The thread about changing the display time to 24-hr time mentioned editing the Kobo.conf file. I'm perfectly happy to do this, but I don't have one. My device only has two *.conf files - affiliate.conf and device.salt.conf - is there a Kobo.conf template available for editing and installing on my device?
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 06:42 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
I have been searching for "Kobo.conf" and have not found the answer I was looking for, please accept my apologies if this is a FAQ:

The thread about changing the display time to 24-hr time mentioned editing the Kobo.conf file. I'm perfectly happy to do this, but I don't have one. My device only has two *.conf files - affiliate.conf and device.salt.conf - is there a Kobo.conf template available for editing and installing on my device?
Check in the Kobo directory which is subdirectory of the .kobo directory. The file is called Kobo eReader.conf (and yes, that is a space between Kobo and eRreader).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
You can try changing the locale to en_GB. In /.kobo/Kobo, edit the Kobo eReader.conf file and under [ApplicationPreferences] change the CurrentLocale string to =en_GB from whatever it is currently set to.
Code:
[ApplicationPreferences]
CurrentLocale=en
Code:
[ApplicationPreferences]
CurrentLocale=en_GB
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2020, 06:44 PM   #3
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Check in the Kobo directory which is subdirectory of the .kobo directory. The file is called Kobo eReader.conf (and yes, that is a space between Kobo and eRreader).
Well, that was embarrassingly easy - thank you!
Old 08-17-2020, 02:57 PM   #4
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Libra Colour, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post

Well, hallelujah! I've been wanting to make this change since day one. Can you provide a link to the thread?
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 05:24 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Well, hallelujah! I've been wanting to make this change since day one. Can you provide a link to the thread?
Check the message a few above your response. I quoted my original message about changing the locale in that message.
Advert
Old 08-17-2020, 11:11 PM   #6
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Check the message a few above your response. I quoted my original message about changing the locale in that message.
Yes, I read your response (and this entire thread) prior to my post. I still wanted to read the original thread the OP referenced.
Old 08-18-2020, 01:11 AM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Yes, I read your response (and this entire thread) prior to my post. I still wanted to read the original thread the OP referenced.
Try a search on this forum. Display posts, "CurrentLocale=en_GB". There seem to be enough posts going back over the years. I don't know which one @Uncle Robin was referencing though I suspect it was the Kobo future firmware feature request thread which. AFAIK, was the most recent mention.

Last edited by DNSB; 08-18-2020 at 01:19 AM.
Old 08-18-2020, 01:29 AM   #8
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Quote:
I don't know which one @Uncle Robin was referencing though I suspect it was the Kobo future firmware feature request thread which. AFAIK, was the most recent mention.
Yes, it was - I hadn't even thought of switching to my preferred 24-hr display before then, since there was no inbuilt clock prior to this firmware, iirc.
Old 08-18-2020, 10:08 AM   #9
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
Try a search on this forum. Display posts, "CurrentLocale=en_GB". There seem to be enough posts going back over the years. I don't know which one @Uncle Robin was referencing though I suspect it was the Kobo future firmware feature request thread which. AFAIK, was the most recent mention.
Thanks. Prior to posting I first tried searching MR as well as DuckDuckGo referencing the 24 hr time format. Your suggestion is a better bet.