Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Today, 02:56 PM   #1
repilo
Connoisseur
repilo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Scared with the Libra 2 blocked in reboot process

I have a Libra 2 and with NickelMenu installed, which was showing ‘Generator error’ in the menu. I read that the solution was to reinstall KFMon, but as it is not something I use I decided to uninstall it, so I downloaded KFMon-Uninstaller.zip and copied its contents, KoboRoot.tgz, to the Kobo folder: \.kobo
When I ejected the Kobo from the PC, it got stuck in the reboot process. It is on a black screen with three white dots and an icon telling me not to press the power button.
What can I do?
repilo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:02 PM   #2
repilo
Connoisseur
repilo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I charged the device for a while. Without disconnecting it from the charger, I did this:
I tried holding down the power button for more than 30 seconds and nothing happened.
Then I pressed and held a page turn button (the bottom one) and, without releasing it, then pressed and held the power button. After a short time the LED came on, but I didn't release the buttons. The LED went out and the screen changed and the reset process began (I think I have done a Factory Reset).
And that's it, now I have to start from scratch, but at least I didn't have to buy a new one.
repilo is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 04:14 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by repilo View Post
I charged the device for a while. Without disconnecting it from the charger, I did this:
I tried holding down the power button for more than 30 seconds and nothing happened.
Then I pressed and held a page turn button (the bottom one) and, without releasing it, then pressed and held the power button. After a short time the LED came on, but I didn't release the buttons. The LED went out and the screen changed and the reset process began (I think I have done a Factory Reset).
And that's it, now I have to start from scratch, but at least I didn't have to buy a new one.
Congratulations on getting yourself going again with your Libra 2.

The next thing to do is setup calibre to backup your database, take note of your reading positions, and keep track of what books are on your Libra 2. You need the Kobo Utilities and Reading list plugins for this. If you need any sort of help, ask in the threads for Kobo Utilities and/or Reading list.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote