Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-25-2009, 04:45 AM   #91
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
You can probably order though amazon .com or .uk.
At least we french have amazon, and the fnac.

Weird, because the new-fashionable book are usually the easier to find.
As a matter of fact it is quite complicated to do so from Spain since the transport is reallly long. I was disappointed as I realised that there is no spanish amazon, and english books are indeed very difficult to find in some areas, or extremely expensive. We will be moving in June to Spain and that was certainly a reason for me to have a better look at a dedicated reader (and ending up buying plenty of them, but that is another story).
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 06:23 AM   #92
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Rose View Post
That is so frustrating for us in the UK. I am not a techie, I want to buy a book, download it to my Sony 505, and enjoy the book. I find it difficult and very frustrating.
There are not many sites or ebooks available here in the UK. Certainly free ones are very very few and far between. I don't understand why we cannot buy books from the US. Or even download the free ones. If I was persoally there I could go into B&N and buy a book with no restrictions so??????
Over here I can still buy pbooks at half the cost of an ebook. And it uses all that paper etc!
Rant over from quite a disappointed user.

Yes, I'm with you on every point. It sucks!

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2009, 06:27 AM   #93
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
As a matter of fact it is quite complicated to do so from Spain since the transport is reallly long. I was disappointed as I realised that there is no spanish amazon, and english books are indeed very difficult to find in some areas, or extremely expensive. We will be moving in June to Spain and that was certainly a reason for me to have a better look at a dedicated reader (and ending up buying plenty of them, but that is another story).
If you want to buy English paperback in Spain, I recommend you bookdepository (co.uk or com). They have no shipping costs, and they're only a bit more expensive than Amazon, so, in the long term, they're cheaper. And they take very bit time in arriving home.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote