Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-12-2007, 04:21 PM   #76
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
So has anyone been contacted about purchase details or possible ship dates? I signed up on the list but I'm wondering if I just somehow got overlooked. Any word on if we're going to have to wait until December?
Nope, I'm on their mailing list & haven't gotten anything. I don't think they've sent it out yet. Nothing new really on their site or the Bar either.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 05:14 PM   #77
rixte
Addict
rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: new oasis, paperwhite, ipad, kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Nope, I'm on their mailing list & haven't gotten anything. I don't think they've sent it out yet. Nothing new really on their site or the Bar either.

Same. It's why I ended up just going with the Bookeen order - I liked the NAEB concept and would have loved to save a little bit of money, but I just feel so out of the loop there - and would have hated to find out that I wasn't going to end up getting the product until February or something.
rixte is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2007, 05:25 PM   #78
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by rixte View Post
Same. It's why I ended up just going with the Bookeen order - I liked the NAEB concept and would have loved to save a little bit of money, but I just feel so out of the loop there - and would have hated to find out that I wasn't going to end up getting the product until February or something.
Right now we're working on getting the bank set up to actually accept orders through our e-store. That should be in place by the end of the week or early next. Then we're going to notify everyone who gave us their email addresses through the pre-signup form that we're open for business. We'd like to have our order placed by the last week in November, which will be enough time to get them shipped over here in early December.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 07:13 PM   #79
dgho
dgho began at the beginning.

Device: Treo 680
Is it possible to send the Cybook (NAEB) to Singapore ? or better to order directly from Bookeen ? I'm really interested to get one...

Thanks.
dgho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 07:59 PM   #80
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgho View Post
Is it possible to send the Cybook (NAEB) to Singapore ? or better to order directly from Bookeen ? I'm really interested to get one...

Thanks.
Yes to either.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2007, 01:52 AM   #81
BKeeper
Groupie
BKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle PW
@Derek
I know NAEB is supposed to handle returns in the US, but do you know if Bookeen could process NAEB warranties directly in France? That would be great for your European buyers.
BKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:30 PM   #82
levirothschild
levirothschild began at the beginning.

Device: none
the difference between the new sony and bookeen?

Hey,
I was wondering, what is the difference between the new sony reader 505 and cybook? dont they both have the same functions, beside mobipocket?
levirothschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:52 PM   #83
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
They are both devices for reading books, and they both display books on the same screen, but other than those common factors they differ considerably in the details of their hardware and software features.

Probably best to read the detailed spec on the Sony and Bookeen web sites to get a general idea of the differences. Ask here if you have specific questions, by all means.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 01:19 PM   #84
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by levirothschild View Post
Hey,
I was wondering, what is the difference between the new sony reader 505 and cybook? dont they both have the same functions, beside mobipocket?
The Cybook has a significantly better PDF viewer, txt viewer, html viewer, and menu system. All around it is a better device.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 01:22 PM   #85
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
The Cybook has a significantly better PDF viewer, txt viewer, html viewer, and menu system. All around it is a better device.
I just read today a review done by 2 guys. 1 has sony another cybook. Both agreed that sony is much better....

Anyway, how can it have a much better pdf viewer? 6" is 6".
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 01:33 PM   #86
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Look at this review:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15952
Old 11-13-2007, 01:46 PM   #87
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
Hi astra lestat. Could you supply a link to the review? I also consider buying one of them, but I can't seem to make up my mind... They both have their pro's and con's, and there's just no single deciding feature that can swing me one way...

Last edited by Dave Berk; 11-13-2007 at 01:48 PM.
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 02:15 PM   #88
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple dave View Post
Hi astra lestat. Could you supply a link to the review? I also consider buying one of them, but I can't seem to make up my mind... They both have their pro's and con's, and there's just no single deciding feature that can swing me one way...
It is in Russian...
Old 11-13-2007, 02:16 PM   #89
astra
The Introvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Didn't find anything about a better PDF viwer? What do I miss?
Old 11-13-2007, 02:18 PM   #90
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

???

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra_lestat View Post
Didn't find anything about a better PDF viwer? What do I miss?
Look at posts 3 and 4. I think what and how the Cybook does is much better than the Sony Reader.