Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-03-2010, 03:50 PM   #46
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by radleyp View Post
Let me ask you a question: how is the 505 more secure than the Kindle? Because it lacks wireless? What bothers me here is that the Kindle is on this list, but its wireless feature cannot be used by a Russian. I am glad you like your 505 as I do my Kindle, but if you are going to compare the devices, then you must be able to use both.
100% agree. I can compare jetBook and Sony 505 because I have jetBook and tested Sony but I cannot compare it with Nook because I don't have it...
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:00 PM   #47
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
According to the-ebook.org, the Nook is a better reader than the Kindle.

As an owner of both, this tells me all I need to know about the credibility--or should I say, lack thereof--of the-ebook.org.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2010, 03:22 PM   #48
radleyp
Evangelist
radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Global, iphone4, ipad
Lemurion, I have been away, so did not answer sooner. You say that the Kindle is sold in Russia, but to my knowledge the Kindle cannot print cyrillic so of what use is it to a Russian?
radleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:31 PM   #49
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Device: Pocketbook Touch (622)
Quote:
Lemurion, I have been away, so did not answer sooner. You say that the Kindle is sold in Russia, but to my knowledge the Kindle cannot print cyrillic so of what use is it to a Russian?
Sony cannot print cyrillic too, but the Russian programisy long ago solved this problem, as in the case of Kindle.
Forkosigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:33 PM   #50
radleyp
Evangelist
radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

What do you mean, can you read cyrillic on the Kindle? If so, how? On all models of the Kindle?
Advert
Old 01-04-2010, 03:38 PM   #51
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Quote:
What do you mean, can you read cyrillic on the Kindle? If so, how? On all models of the Kindle?
Yes, all models.

http://translate.google.de/translate...59&sl=ru&tl=en
Old 01-04-2010, 04:55 PM   #52
radleyp
Evangelist

I just got the new Kindle which, if I understand correctly, is the global wireless, since that is the only one now sold (along with the larger DX). I followed these font update instructions and installed the global wireless update, but when I told the unit to update, nothing at all happened. I have removed the update file from the Kindle and wonder if you have an idea why nothing happened, and no update occurred.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:03 PM   #53
Forkosigan
Wizard

Quote:
I just got the new Kindle which, if I understand correctly, is the global wireless, since that is the only one now sold (along with the larger DX). I followed these font update instructions and installed the global wireless update, but when I told the unit to update, nothing at all happened. I have removed the update file from the Kindle and wonder if you have an idea why nothing happened, and no update occurred.
I advise you to ask on the forum

http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11259

be in English, if you do not know Russian, you will prompt. I unfortunately do not know how to help you.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:49 PM   #54
radleyp
Evangelist

I just read on another forum that the KindleGW does not allow manual updating. That doesn't make sense, of course, since manual updates of the KindleOS are done regularly, but the font software does not in fact work on the GW, so what can be done to make this great tool work?

Last edited by radleyp; 01-05-2010 at 02:36 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:22 PM   #55
radleyp
Evangelist

Well, I figured out the problem and you might want to advise the visitors to this site. I use the Firefox browser, and thinking that might be the problem, I switched to Internet Explorer and downloaded the update. It installed perfectly. To install this update, do NOT use Firefox!