Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-21-2014, 10:57 AM   #46
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkus View Post
In regards to the Android app issues, there should be an in-app help option that allows you to send a feedback email, or the old school way would be to just drop an email to androidfeedback@kobo.com

the main menu is just home, store, library, reading life
the right hand menu is sync, import, manage, library, settings,

...ah -
that menu changes if I go there while on home screen, I then do get online help ( which is just a link to web site) and contact customer care & app feedback... I've sent an email via that, let's see if I get a response...

I should probably have done more investigation work first, like trying some kobo store downloads to see if it is only sideloaded books that behave this way.

Also, occasionally, I have side loaded a book that does not do the opening blank page trick - probably because it has not been put through the modify epub replace cover loop, but when I've peeked at code for one of those, the cover image code look just the same.

Last edited by cybmole; 05-21-2014 at 11:01 AM.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 02:48 PM   #47
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
the main menu is just home, store, library, reading life
the right hand menu is sync, import, manage, library, settings,

...ah -
that menu changes if I go there while on home screen, I then do get online help ( which is just a link to web site) and contact customer care & app feedback... I've sent an email via that, let's see if I get a response...

I should probably have done more investigation work first, like trying some kobo store downloads to see if it is only sideloaded books that behave this way.

Also, occasionally, I have side loaded a book that does not do the opening blank page trick - probably because it has not been put through the modify epub replace cover loop, but when I've peeked at code for one of those, the cover image code look just the same.
Sorry, I should have been a bit more specific about the help option and where to find it.

As for a response, yes, you should have one as the feedback account is monitored

Last edited by Sharkus; 05-21-2014 at 03:15 PM.
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2014, 12:54 AM   #48
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
yes, a quick but disappointing reply, asking me to upgrade to latest version of app ( been there , done that already).. so I politely replied & sent titlepage code

there is no way to test such books in the PC desktop app is there i.e. no sideload option for that app ?
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote