Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 03-26-2010, 10:05 AM   #16
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
If you are sorting by file name contents
The PEz "Bookshelf" has a sort by date that works (sort of File creation date. )

I wish "Last Read" would use "Modified Date" so the list would order by the actual book I last accessed, rather than the First time I accessed it.
Recent files is sorted by last read.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:34 AM   #17
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Recent files is sorted by last read.

Dale
I was going to sat "Not on My PEz." (clock-Date set)

The last book I read is at #7
Then I checked.
My File sort is set by ....
Then I went to the root (The only place you can set it)and set it by date and it was as you said.

Ouch!

I really want that list of 100 different series folders, 20 "Author Last name begins with_" folders, Alpha sorted (Ascending) along with their contents.

and I want
"Recently Read" date sorted --Descending . Like Windows can machines do (settings using desktop.in) for each folder
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2010, 10:48 AM   #18
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I was going to sat "Not on My PEz." (clock-Date set)

The last book I read is at #7
Then I checked.
My File sort is set by ....
Then I went to the root (The only place you can set it)and set it by date and it was as you said.

Ouch!

I really want that list of 100 different series folders, 20 "Author Last name begins with_" folders, Alpha sorted (Ascending) along with their contents.

and I want
"Recently Read" date sorted --Descending . Like Windows can machines do (settings using desktop.in) for each folder
Yea, I was not talking about the sort order set in the menu. I was talking about the choice 1 entry called "Recent Files" which is located on the root menu of both the SD card and the internal memory. (It is a fake folder in that files are not stored there.)

It would be nice to have more options for the menu choices called Sequence but these choices are independent from what happens in "Recent Files". The ones in the menu can be set wherever you are in browsing the file system but the effect is not restricted to just the folder you happen to be in.

Dale
Old 03-26-2010, 11:08 AM   #19
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yea, I was not talking about the sort order set in the menu. I was talking about the choice 1 entry called "Recent Files" which is located on the root menu of both the SD card and the internal memory. (It is a fake folder in that files are not stored there.)

It would be nice to have more options for the menu choices called Sequence but these choices are independent from what happens in "Recent Files". The ones in the menu can be set wherever you are in browsing the file system but the effect is not restricted to just the folder you happen to be in.

Dale
That "fake folder" (really a special file on each storage device) unfortunately follows the file sequence settings.
That is why mine initially showed my last book read as #7. I was Alpha sorted.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:50 AM   #20
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
That "fake folder" (really a special file on each storage device) unfortunately follows the file sequence settings.
That is why mine initially showed my last book read as #7. I was Alpha sorted.
It is a bug if it is. It should not be following any sequence setting. I have found it isn't always updated correctly. If I start from recent files and then exit the book I am back in recent files but it doesn't update the list until I get out of it and back in. This is a bug for sure and I have reported it. It is also a bug that if you change devices from inside the recent files it doesn't update the list on the other memory. The pocket pro has the bug but the V3 (EZ Reader basic) does not.

Dale
Advert
Old 03-26-2010, 01:15 PM   #21
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
It is a bug if it is. It should not be following any sequence setting. I have found it isn't always updated correctly. If I start from recent files and then exit the book I am back in recent files but it doesn't update the list until I get out of it and back in. This is a bug for sure and I have reported it. It is also a bug that if you change devices from inside the recent files it doesn't update the list on the other memory. The pocket pro has the bug but the V3 (EZ Reader basic) does not.

Dale
Actually I can see keeping them separate.
IMHO
If I switch SD cards, I don't want the error of not found on the current card. The "Recently read" list should stay with the card as it does.

The list does seem to purge entries that no longer exist because the file was deleted (or moved) externally. You can update the file with corrections without it purging The (last) placemark may not be completely correct
Old 03-26-2010, 02:30 PM   #22
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Actually I can see keeping them separate.
IMHO
If I switch SD cards, I don't want the error of not found on the current card. The "Recently read" list should stay with the card as it does.

The list does seem to purge entries that no longer exist because the file was deleted (or moved) externally. You can update the file with corrections without it purging The (last) placemark may not be completely correct
You misunderstood. They are separate and should remain so but when I switch the memory the data about the books read should be current for that particular memory. In the basic it is while on the pocket pro it may not be depending on what you last did in that memory. That is it is updated for the memory when you enter the recently read list from the bookshelf view only.

Dale
Old 04-03-2010, 11:01 PM   #23
alroy
Enthusiast
alroy began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Opus/Pocket Pro/eSlick/Libre Pro
I don't turn off my Pocket Pro and because of that i never see the time on the reader. Even when I turn a page there is no clock showing. That sort of makes the clock function irrevelent. The only time i see the clock is if i go to the main menu showing the books on the pocket pro.
alroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:20 PM   #24
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Thr clock and date are important if you check out e-books from your library. You only have the book for so many days, then it expires and can no longer be read on your devices.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:45 PM   #25
Readerati
Readerholic
Readerati began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pro
Day-Month-Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by QIbHom View Post
Just to be confusing, they use Day-Month-Year in Europe, too. It is the format I use, so I'd be happier if the date format could be left the way it is. I know, I'm a pain <g>. But, since Astak has so many international customers, having it be a choice would probably be the best.

Or just put everyone on Stardate.
I'd like to vote for DMY too (although either way would be good)
Readerati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:04 AM   #26
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alroy View Post
I don't turn off my Pocket Pro and because of that i never see the time on the reader. Even when I turn a page there is no clock showing. That sort of makes the clock function irrevelent. The only time i see the clock is if i go to the main menu showing the books on the pocket pro.
Press the ok button at any time and you will see the clock, even when it is not present on the screen.

Dale
Old 04-04-2010, 01:05 AM   #27
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readerati View Post
I'd like to vote for DMY too (although either way would be good)
In the new firmware release you will have your choice to set the date however you wish.

Dale
Old 04-04-2010, 03:12 PM   #28
alroy
Enthusiast
alroy began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Opus/Pocket Pro/eSlick/Libre Pro
Are you saying if I shut off my eReader, the clock is not running therefore, I get longer than the 3 weeks the library allows me to open the book?
alroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 03:53 PM   #29
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by alroy View Post
Are you saying if I shut off my eReader, the clock is not running therefore, I get longer than the 3 weeks the library allows me to open the book?
No
Turn your reader OFF and the clock resets to default and you book expires because the date was outside the permitted date range.