Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-08-2022, 05:25 PM   #16
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveLessnau View Post
One of my most used tags is one for Standalone books (those not in a series).
I have a separate field for that. Simply called it "Singles"
I then added this as a Collection on my Kobo.
Now, rather than browsing one huge list of novels under "Books", I can browse my Kobo libraries by either Singles or Series which drastically reduces the number of listings to browse through.
Karellen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 05:37 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
[*]Historical Mystery (mysteries taking place in the past)[*]Historical (fiction taking place in the past)[*]Historical Fantasy (fantasy fiction taking place in the past)[*]Historical Romance (I have a few of those, but no contemporary romances)

plus a few tags concerning reading status and the like.
So if you have books that are not historical but say they take place in 2022. When it becomes 2023, do they become historical?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2022, 06:03 PM   #18
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So if you have books that are not historical but say they take place in 2022. When it becomes 2023, do they become historical?
Nope. Historical, for me, means no later than the first half of the 20th century, sixties at the latest. Anything later is modern.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 08:54 AM   #19
han_32
han_32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.han_32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.han_32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.han_32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.han_32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.han_32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.han_32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.han_32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.han_32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.han_32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.han_32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
The tag browser, on the layout button is a fantastic tool. And you can rename or delete tags at will from there. Though there is something a bit annoying when you delete a tag the "letter" kind of closes and you jump back to the beginning of the letter, but you can do a generic rename of anything you want to delete to maybe just the first letter and then mass delete that tag.

tag browser is fantastic not just for tags but to manage all metadata.
han_32 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tags