Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-07-2023, 07:55 AM   #2671
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocketbook, kobo aura h2o, kobo forma, kobo libra color
Feature request:

When books are imported from Google Drive, the "all books" view on the kobo can filter for them, and calibre can see them in the device view, but it doesn't know they come from google drive.

There should be a way for calibre to see this and indicate the source of the book. Like, for instance, if you import the book into calibre from the device, it should get a tag indicating it came from google drive...

Not sure where this info is stored on the device, I might have to peek at the database and see if I can find it.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 08:57 AM   #2672
enuddleyarbl
Guru
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
Feature request:

When books are imported from Google Drive, the "all books" view on the kobo can filter for them, and calibre can see them in the device view, but it doesn't know they come from google drive.

There should be a way for calibre to see this and indicate the source of the book. Like, for instance, if you import the book into calibre from the device, it should get a tag indicating it came from google drive...

Not sure where this info is stored on the device, I might have to peek at the database and see if I can find it.
As a manual workaround, I've got a custom "Source Store" column set up in Calibre. I've attached a screenshot of the settings.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230707 -- Calibre Custom Column for Source Store.JPG
Views:	461
Size:	217.1 KB
ID:	202506  
enuddleyarbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2023, 04:00 PM   #2673
MerlinMama
Evangelist
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
Failed Backing up Kobo device database

I keep getting this error when I connect my Sage to Calibre.

Spoiler:
calibre, version 6.22.0 (win32, embedded-python: True)
Failed to backup device database: Failed: Backing up Kobo device database

CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 104, in run
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.jobs", line 215, in do_device_database_backup
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 6103, in check_device_database
apsw.CorruptError: CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

This causes epubs that are on my device not to show up as being on my device in Calibre (via device button when connected), and if I try to add more, they show as being on the device if I go by file explorer, but they don't show on the device.

I've repaired my Kobo account, signed out of my Kobo account and signed back in, my Calibre is up-to-date (6.22), the KoboUtilities plug-in is up-to-date as far as I can see (2.16.8), and I'm up-to-date on my device...at least it's not offering another update. I updated both Calibre and my Sage pretty much at the same time last Saturday (July 1st), and KoboUtilies sometime during the week, can't remember exactly when.

Earlier in the week I was getting a different error, but the effects seem to be the same. Is this a problem with my device? I'm only asking here because while my problem seemed fixed earlier this week after the other error, it started again but with the error message pointing at KoboUtilites having a problem.

Spoiler:
calibre, version 6.22.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 556, in _books
File "calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2012, in books
MerlinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2023, 04:09 PM   #2674
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinMama View Post
I keep getting this error when I connect my Sage to Calibre.

Spoiler:
calibre, version 6.22.0 (win32, embedded-python: True)
Failed to backup device database: Failed: Backing up Kobo device database

File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.jobs", line 215, in do_device_database_backup
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 6103, in check_device_database

This causes epubs that are on my device not to show up as being on my device in Calibre (via device button when connected), and if I try to add more, they show as being on the device if I go by file explorer, but they don't show on the device.

I've repaired my Kobo account, signed out of my Kobo account and signed back in, my Calibre is up-to-date (6.22), the KoboUtilities plug-in is up-to-date as far as I can see (2.16.8), and I'm up-to-date on my device...at least it's not offering another update. I updated both Calibre and my Sage pretty much at the same time last Saturday (July 1st), and KoboUtilies sometime during the week, can't remember exactly when.

Earlier in the week I was getting a different error, but the effects seem to be the same. Is this a problem with my device? I'm only asking here because while my problem seemed fixed earlier this week after the other error, it started again but with the error message pointing at KoboUtilites having a problem.

Spoiler:
calibre, version 6.22.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 556, in _books
File "calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2012, in books
The database on your Kobo is corrupt. Have you been using Kobo Utilities to take a backup? If so, copy the latest database to your Kobo to replace the existing database and reboot. Then plug it back into calibre and use Kobo Utilities to check the database on your Kobo and if it's good, you are good to go.

If you do not have a database backup, you will need to logout and then log back in and start over.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2023, 04:28 PM   #2675
MerlinMama
Evangelist
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The database on your Kobo is corrupt. Have you been using Kobo Utilities to take a backup? If so, copy the latest database to your Kobo to replace the existing database and reboot. Then plug it back into calibre and use Kobo Utilities to check the database on your Kobo and if it's good, you are good to go.

If you do not have a database backup, you will need to logout and then log back in and start over.
Ok, it seems to have worked, but it also removed the last Kobo update. I'm going to wait a few days, since I had fixed the problem before and it came back. If it's okay, then I update and it starts again, then I'll know. It asked me to scan the drive and repair it (repeatedly) before this all started, so that could be another issue. I'll have to wait and see...

Thank you!
Advert
Old 07-08-2023, 05:22 PM   #2676
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Ok, it seems to have worked, but it also removed the last Kobo update.
Sounds like you did a hard reset instead of just logging out.

The first .37 update I think had some bugs that made database corruption likely; mine got corrupted 3x before two more updates (presumably bug fixes) came out. I haven't had problems with the latest updates. One came out yesterday, so there hasn't been a lot of time for anything to happen (yet) in the very latest.
Old 07-08-2023, 05:31 PM   #2677
MerlinMama
Evangelist

I didn't log out, I copied the database backup, and rebooted. It had the old audiobooks that I had removed on, so I was going to sync, but when it started to download I cancelled. I got another windows notice that there was a problem with the drive and did I want to scan & fix, but I said no. Didn't cause problems, while it did last two times it asked that so IDK
Old 07-08-2023, 06:30 PM   #2678
compurandom
Guru

Quote:
, so I was going to sync, but when it started to download I cancelled. I got another windows notice that there was a problem with the drive
I've noticed that sometimes when you cancel a sync, it doesn't actually stop immediately. I think that may be one of the causes of disk corruption.
It still has files open from the not-yet-aborted sync and it doesn't unmount correctly before passing the disk to windows. And sync isn't the only thing that might cause this -- the book import process and cover generation also.

But it won't detect USB connections if there is a background import going on, so that shouldn't be an issue.

I try to remember to disable wifi and wait for any sync attempt to stop before connecting USB. If I'm super paranoid, I'll turn off wifi (to prevent a sync) and then reboot the device before connecting USB. But that's probably excessive.
Old 07-08-2023, 06:52 PM   #2679
MerlinMama
Evangelist

This is the first time I've cancelled a sync, so that couldn't have caused the disk corruption. It was not connected to the computer/Calibre at the time, and it wasn't connected for several minutes. The first time I connected there was no problem, I side loaded the epubs I wanted, ejected the device and no problem.

It's only when I noticed I forgot one and reconnected that I got the message that windows detected a problem with the disk drive (my Kobo device) and asked to scan it.

I didn't get any other errors
Old 07-09-2023, 05:10 AM   #2680
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I didn't log out, I copied the database backup, and rebooted. It had the old audiobooks that I had removed on, so I was going to sync, but when it started to download I cancelled. I got another windows notice that there was a problem with the drive and did I want to scan & fix, but I said no. Didn't cause problems, while it did last two times it asked that so IDK
Logging out or copying the database is not going to downgrade the firmware. It's not possible.

When you copy the database, any books removed between databases will be removed from the database and any book added after the database was backed up will be added to the database.

Update to 4.37.21586. What could have been your problem is that you updated the firmware while the database was corrupt.
Old 07-09-2023, 06:05 AM   #2681
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
If you think it's a good idea. I don't think anything bad could happen - setting a nonexistent font would probably just revert to default.

I changed the version number of this file to '(2, 16, 9)'. Version note should be something along the lines of "Add new fonts 'Rakuten Sans' and 'Rakuten Serif' to font settings dialog."
This and its immediate predecessor have been downloaded 9 times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Lets declare it an "official beta" and hope people try it. I will release it in a couple of days unless there is a persuasive counter-argument.

And we can always revert if we need to.
I think we can release it. @OBC: OK with you?

EDIT: Done

Last edited by chaley; 07-09-2023 at 08:01 AM.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 06:31 AM   #2682
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
yeah
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 07:11 AM   #2683
MerlinMama
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post

Update to 4.37.21586. What could have been your problem is that you updated the firmware while the database was corrupt.
Possible, although I only started having problems after I updated Kobo & Calibre. We'll just have to see when I next have to connect.
Old 07-09-2023, 07:16 AM   #2684
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Possible, although I only started having problems after I updated Kobo & Calibre. We'll just have to see when I next have to connect.
calibre is not causing a problem with your Kobo. If it was, we'd have others reporting similar issues.
Old 07-09-2023, 11:35 PM   #2685
ArtoB
ArtoB began at the beginning.

Device: kobo clara
Unable to view help file

Hi;

Just moved my Calibre install from old Windows 10 PC to a new Windows 11 PC. I used the export/import tools within Calibre to do the move. The Kobo Utils plugin was moved to the new PC with all of my books and settings.
However, whenever I try to go to the help (for Kobo Utils), a browser page (Edge) is opened, but it cannot fine the file(path). For some reason, the path contains %5C in the place of most of the actual slash (/) characters. This was not the case in my old PC.
file:///C:/%5CUsers%5Cmyname%5CAppData%5CRoaming%5Ccalibre%5C plugins%5CKoboUtilities_Help_en.html#configuration
On my old PC, all of the %5C were '/' characters.
The help files ARE in the Roaming folder in the proper place, and can be opened if accessed from the folder directly.
I even updated to the latest version of Kobo Utils, hoping that would help. But it did not.
What's going on with the path that is used?

Thanks;
ArtoB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, kobo, kobo utilities, kobo-utilities, plugins