Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-03-2023, 05:00 PM   #2656
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Where can we find the user agent in the plugin?
It's in action.py, when it calls the method urlopen for the firmware link (so, not configurable but code).
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2023, 05:02 PM   #2657
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Thank you @Terisa de morgan, @DNSB and @ownedbycats

Karellen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2023, 05:30 PM   #2658
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Yes, I've downloaded the published version as I had found in my google search a person with the same problem (not this plugin but the user agent), and it was a very simple change.
As "you touched it last", once you tell me you are OK to make the release I will up the version number to 2.16.8 and update the first post with you as the author, thereby releasing it. I think there is near zero risk in making this release.

And as others have said before, thank you.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2023, 01:43 AM   #2659
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
My testing says that the update checking is working again. Found an update for a Forma and said no update available on a Clara HD and Sage.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2023, 02:49 AM   #2660
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
As "you touched it last", once you tell me you are OK to make the release I will up the version number to 2.16.8 and update the first post with you as the author, thereby releasing it. I think there is near zero risk in making this release.

And as others have said before, thank you.
It looks like it's OK (no problem till now), so fine for me. And, really, thanks to DNSB and you.
Old 07-04-2023, 04:45 AM   #2661
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
It looks like it's OK (no problem till now), so fine for me. And, really, thanks to DNSB and you.
Released. It should show in the plugin updater within an hour or two.
Old 07-04-2023, 05:31 AM   #2662
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Great!! Thank you
Karellen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 10:26 AM   #2663
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Here's a file for those who were using my version with added Rakuten Sans/Serif support for the fonts dialog.

There's some weirdness with font availability between different Kobo versions - Caecila, Gill Sans, and Malabar are not available on Clara2E. Just remember not to use them if you don't have it available (though I suspect it'd just revert to default font).

EDIT: Removed attachment because it was released

Last edited by chaley; 07-09-2023 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Removed attachment
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 12:20 PM   #2664
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Here's a file for those who were using my version with added Rakuten Sans/Serif support for the fonts dialog.

There's some weirdness with font availability between different Kobo versions - Caecila, Gill Sans, and Malabar are not available on Clara2E. Just remember not to use them if you don't have it available (though I suspect it'd just revert to default font).
Sorry, I remembered there was a beta version, but I didn't search a lot
Old 07-05-2023, 01:13 PM   #2665
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It wasn't 'officially' released in the first post, I think because of confusion about the Clara font thing. (I had to add it back after chaley's ToC fix, but forgot to post it that time.) The changes are in dialog.py if anyone wants to look - I didn't change any version numbering or anything.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 07-05-2023 at 01:15 PM.
Old 07-05-2023, 01:52 PM   #2666
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
It wasn't 'officially' released in the first post, I think because of confusion about the Clara font thing. (I had to add it back after chaley's ToC fix, but forgot to post it that time.) The changes are in dialog.py if anyone wants to look - I didn't change any version numbering or anything.
Should this be officially released?
Old 07-05-2023, 02:34 PM   #2667
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

If you think it's a good idea. I don't think anything bad could happen - setting a nonexistent font would probably just revert to default.

I changed the version number of this file to '(2, 16, 9)'. Version note should be something along the lines of "Add new fonts 'Rakuten Sans' and 'Rakuten Serif' to font settings dialog."

EDIT: Removed attachment because it was released

Last edited by chaley; 07-09-2023 at 08:04 AM.
Old 07-05-2023, 02:36 PM   #2668
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
If you think it's a good idea. I don't think anything bad could happen - setting a nonexistent font would probably just revert to default.

I changed the version number of this file to '(2, 16, 9)'. Version note should be something along the lines of "Add new fonts 'Rakuten Sans' and 'Rakuten Serif' to font settings dialog."
Could you make it so it check if it's a Clara 2E and not allow the missing fonts not to be selectable?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 02:39 PM   #2669
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Could you make it so it check if it's a Clara 2E and not allow the missing fonts not to be selectable?
I don't know if it's possible. If you look at dialogs.py, the fonts only check the firmware version number.
Old 07-05-2023, 02:47 PM   #2670
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

Lets declare it an "official beta" and hope people try it. I will release it in a couple of days unless there is a persuasive counter-argument.

And we can always revert if we need to.

Tags
calibre, kobo, kobo utilities, kobo-utilities, plugins