Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 03-09-2010, 06:11 PM   #1
clerky96
Connoisseur
clerky96 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I'm disappointed that hubby does not seem to use his jbl much..

I bought it for him, but he doesn't seem to use it much. He is still reading his "western" paperbacks more than he reads on the jbl. He is not an "electronics junkie" like me. Maybe I will sell my Kindle 1 and use the jbl myself.
clerky96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:20 PM   #2
GA Russell
Ticats win first!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
It could be worse. You could have spent twice as much for a PocketBook 360, and then be disappointed that he isn't using that!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:23 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by clerky96 View Post
I bought it for him, but he doesn't seem to use it much. He is still reading his "western" paperbacks more than he reads on the jbl. He is not an "electronics junkie" like me. Maybe I will sell my Kindle 1 and use the jbl myself.
Do you think it's because he can't find the western books he likes in ebook form?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:31 PM   #4
Datatraveler
Datatraveler began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook lite
Good question, is there a good source for westerns on Ebooks or is it just a poke and hunt kind of thing?
Datatraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:34 PM   #5
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
Maybe you could swap your kindle for his jB. Some people do prefer a larger screen to read on.
greenapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:27 PM   #6
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
Westerns seem to be found under the category Historical Fiction... at least at Fictionwise or Ereader.com. But if there are specific authors he likes to read then a search by author might be the best way to find books he wants to read.
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:05 PM   #7
clerky96
Connoisseur

Yes, it does seem to be because he can't find the books he likes to read in ebook format without paying almost what the cost is for a regular paperback. That wouldn't matter so much, but he and another fellow share books. That makes each book cost less than if he buys ebooks.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:19 PM   #8
Nakor
Addict
Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Rather than searching individual resellers (like FW), try showing him one of the price search sites perhaps. Inkmesh has a Westerns category: clicky
Nakor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:32 PM   #9
clerky96
Connoisseur

Thanks for the site. I don't know much about the authors there, but I do know that he doesn't like Zane Grey. He likes more of the modern authors and those seem to be more expensive than buying the paperbook. Oh well..if he doesn't use it I really may sell my Kindle 1 and use the jbl. I like it and the fact that I use my Kindle a lot means I would need to invest in some really good rechargeable batteries.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:47 PM   #10
Ben0
Retired Field Engineer
Ben0 is on a distinguished road

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pro, Ectaco JBL
My wife doesn't use her's much either, some people just aren't avid readers.
Ben0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:51 PM   #11
clerky96
Connoisseur

He does read a lot, just not on the jbl. Oh well, it is no big deal. I just wanted him to like it as much as I like my Kindle. We just don't all like the same things. I don't like golf nearly as much as he does!