Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-10-2010, 06:08 PM   #166
italianReader
Connoisseur
italianReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.italianReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.italianReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.italianReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: onyx boox 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klein Nijenhuis View Post
On the website you can see whats include the package. Boox, usb cable, adapter, warranty, quick manual. Furthermore you will get the Boox installed with the new firmware and the big manual and a description of how to install the dictionary will be send by email.

The warranty is free within one year after purchase. It doesnt inlcude non-artificial failures.
Sure but i can't read german
Between the included objects there's also "Inklusive Einsteckmappe"...what's this?
italianReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 06:16 PM   #167
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianReader View Post
Sure but i can't read german
Between the included objects there's also "Inklusive Einsteckmappe"...what's this?
It means: Including leather case. (well i guess it's leather and not synthetic material)
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:02 AM   #168
Klein Nijenhuis
Zealot
Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Onyx Boox
Yes thats true. Its a leather case, available in white and black. You can look at this video, there you can see the leather case.
Klein Nijenhuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:35 AM   #169
tommik
Connoisseur
tommik began at the beginning.

Device: Poke Pro, Onyx Boox 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by molesm View Post
A few questions about the case
1) I think it is available in black or white, what do people recommend?
2) waht do people think of its qulity and stle, in the videos it looks like it makes the buttons hard to get to and is failry cheaply made
3) Are there any alternate cases?
There is few kinds of cases:
I have found three:

Apart from white and black there are other colours as well. But it depends on the shop.
tommik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 04:12 AM   #170
carminis
carminis is on a distinguished road

Device: none (yet)
hey, the red leather one (number 2) looks stylish. where did you find this?
carminis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 04:18 AM   #171
molesm
Enthusiast
molesm began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommik View Post
There is few kinds of cases:
I have found three:
Apart from white and black there are other colours as well. But it depends on the shop.
Thanks for that, do you use yours in the case, I am slighly worried about the diffcultiy of getting to the center button for page turns with the leather surrounding it, and what colour is yours?
And does the case fold back?

Last edited by molesm; 01-11-2010 at 04:35 AM.
molesm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:22 AM   #172
berendvervelde
berendvervelde began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox
The boox works fine inside its case. The case does fold back easily and I can reach the controls of the boox without a problem, with the exceptiuon of he wifi switch.
I got mine in a white case, I didn't realize there were more colours available because I find mine quite ugly and the white is easily smudged (although I don't care enough to try to send it back. It's mine now ;-)).
The quality seems to be fine though.

Last edited by berendvervelde; 01-11-2010 at 05:28 AM.
berendvervelde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:30 AM   #173
molesm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by berendvervelde View Post
The boox works fine inside its case. The case does fold back easily and I can reach the controls of the boox without a problem, with the exceptiuon of he wifi switch.
I got mine in a white case, I didn't realize there were more colours available because I find mine quite ugly and the white is easily smudged (although I don't care enough to try to send it back. It's mine now ;-)).
The quality seems to be fine though.
Thanks I think I will buy one with a black case
Old 01-11-2010, 05:33 AM   #174
ill_dawg
21st Century Digital Boy
ill_dawg began at the beginning.

Device: HTC TyTN 2, onyx boox
Does anybody know what colors they have at Dulin's books?
ill_dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:18 AM   #175
tommik
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by carminis View Post
hey, the red leather one (number 2) looks stylish. where did you find this?
I found it here:
http://www.made-inchina.com/products...&bid=108&cid=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by molesm
Thanks for that, do you use yours in the case, I am slighly worried about the diffcultiy of getting to the center button for page turns with the leather surrounding it, and what colour is yours?
And does the case fold back?
I have bought my Boox with black leather cover from Polish distributor. He has also brown and white covers. I'm very pleased with it. I agree with berendvervelde, reader works very fine inside it. I haven't any problem with switching wifi in it. Only minus of it is that if you want to use the stylus it is hard to stretch it from the boox inside the cover. So you should at first stretch a little bit boox from your cover and then the stylus. In one of the images which I have posted previously, you can see, that this brown case has a notch in the place of the stulus. My black one hasn't it. I don't know what it depends on. However, it isn't great problem.
I can take some photos of it if you like.

Last edited by tommik; 01-11-2010 at 06:25 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:28 AM   #176
molesm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommik View Post
... In one of the images which I have posted previously, you can see, that this brown case has a notch in the place of the stulus. My black one hasn't it. I don't know what it depends on. However, it isn't great problem.
I can take some photos of it if you like.
It would be nice to see pictures, but I think I will probally order it anyway with the black cover
Old 01-11-2010, 06:52 AM   #177
tommik
Connoisseur

Here you are
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4671.JPG
Views:	338
Size:	704.1 KB
ID:	43144   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4684.JPG
Views:	315
Size:	287.3 KB
ID:	43146   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4685.JPG
Views:	338
Size:	436.9 KB
ID:	43147   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4687.JPG
Views:	355
Size:	362.6 KB
ID:	43148   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4690.JPG
Views:	326
Size:	402.6 KB
ID:	43149   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4691.JPG
Views:	353
Size:	423.6 KB
ID:	43150   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4692.JPG
Views:	332
Size:	421.5 KB
ID:	43151   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4693.JPG
Views:	296
Size:	734.8 KB
ID:	43152  
Old 01-11-2010, 07:05 AM   #178
carminis
carminis is on a distinguished road

Device: none (yet)
ah, i see... on the upper pictures one can see that at least that brwon leather case asn extra spare for the stylus... this one hasn't, right? but looks great, too.
carminis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:10 AM   #179
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ill_dawg View Post
Does anybody know what colors they have at Dulin's books?
Just ask dulin. He's a very active member of MR!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:18 AM   #180
tommik
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by carminis View Post
ah, i see... on the upper pictures one can see that at least that brwon leather case asn extra spare for the stylus... this one hasn't, right? but looks great, too.
That's right. But I haven't touched this brown case yet. Maybe there are more differences. And I'm not sure that only this brown case has an extra spare, maybe you can find the same in black...
As I understood it, berendvervelde said that he has similar case, but he can't use wifi switch when boox is inside it. I can do it without any problem...

Tags
boox, onyx