Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 05-11-2009, 01:31 PM   #1
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Will someone help this newbie?

I'm quickly forgetting what I knew about the EBW1150, brain just isn't so trusty anymore. Will someone go here and help godelocs? https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...116#post455116 He/she is totally lost and needs an expert.

THANKS!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:05 PM   #2
godelocs
godelocs began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise 1150
Ok, can someone out there help me with this issue. I just received my ebookwise 1150 and purchased one book from the ebookwise web site. I figuered that by purchasing from the website the book would be formatted already. It said the file was already and imp file; however when I loaded it to my book reader the page is larger than the reader. I chaned the font to small but it is still to large to view a whole page at a time. Is there any way to change it so that the words don't run off the page?

I tried to go back and download the book again from my bookshelf but I do not see the option of downloading the book again without having to pay twice.

Also having issues with reconnecting with the internet. I had no problem with connecting to internet when I registered but when it came to downloading the book that I purchased I was unable to connect the EBW to the internet. I was not showing that it was receiving a signal. Any suggestions?

Thanks DixieGal, thanks for continuing to try to help me and directing me to this thread. I didn't know how to add a new thread.
godelocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:36 PM   #3
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You installed the driver, right? It's at the eBookwise site under "help."

On your device under "phone settings" (I know, it isn't a phone, just accept it and move on) there are several things to check and uncheck in unexplainable ways. That way leads to madness, but I've always had to reconfigure these settings when I moved from one computer to another.

It's probably just that simple of a problem of having the correct settings, but you can drive yourself nuts trying all of the multitudinous variations.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:25 PM   #4
godelocs

DixieGal, wow, thank you so much. I did play around with the phone settings and had to uncheck everything. Once I did that the antenna showed up on the tower to show that I was receiving a signal and I was able to download a test book. Still would like to know if it is possible to redownload a book that I already paid for. Thank you very much. This site is so helpful. Next I will be looking for info on how to change the formats of books i already have. I have seen some of that information on the site so I will get into that at another time. Again thank you!!!!
Old 05-11-2009, 05:29 PM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!

YAY! I'm very glad you got it fixed!

Now, on the main screen tap "online bookstore" tab, and see if it will go to eBookwise. If yes, then your purchased book will show up on your screen. Then tap the circle beside it and select "download."

Good Luck! You almost have it purring!
Old 05-11-2009, 05:34 PM   #6
godelocs

when I click on online bookstore it takes me to the register page on the ebw. then i have the option to register, view bookshelf, or learn more. i clicked on all these options but the book does not show up on the ebw but it shows up on the website.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:41 PM   #7
godelocs

ok, I had to cut the ebw off and back on to reset it. hoping that the format will be right this. Its not it downloaded again in the format that I originally purchased it in. Now i need to find out if there is anyway to change that on the website. anywho, thanks for the help. i will take a break from this until tomorrow. i have enough to get me started.