Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Today, 05:44 PM   #16
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
No, it's physically impossible for it to be as sharp as a Libra 2. I've got a Libra 2 (and others) and now seen an Onyx Boox Colour (which even S/H is twice the price of my Nxtpaper 11 and dearer than a Nxtpaper 14!). It's got a 2 x 2 pattern of translucent red, green and blue dots. Are you sure you don't need glasses?

Yes, actually I do need glasses. I'm fairly nearsighted, and that means, when I hold something into my field of focus, I get a *very* up close view of it. And in the case of the Kobo screens, I've already posted some very zoomed in images demonstrating this on these devices. You keep claiming it's physically impossible, but the proof is right there for you.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:39 PM   #17
GreyFox
Militaires Sans Frontière
GreyFox began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Era Color
If KOReader could integrate with my Liba Color I would use it. But because it doesn't I use my PocketBook Era.
GreyFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:46 PM   #18
hatuluang
Zealot
hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyFox View Post
If KOReader could integrate with my Liba Color I would use it. But because it doesn't I use my PocketBook Era.
The latest KOReader 2024.07 "Outside" works with Kobo Colour.
hatuluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:50 PM   #19
GreyFox
Militaires Sans Frontière
GreyFox began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Era Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatuluang View Post
The latest KOReader 2024.07 "Outside" works with Kobo Colour.
Oh I know it works, but it's not "integrated". On my Era I can open the library on the homepage and search for a book and then when I tap it, it opens in KOReader. That way I can use the nice library of the Era and still get all the benefits of KOReader.
GreyFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:29 PM   #20
easterncoyote
Zealot
easterncoyote began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Kobo Touch, Kobo Clara Colour
I have quite a number of Kindles, Kobos, and Fire tablets, so I certainly didn't need another one. But, as I'm sure many people on here can understand, I just had to get a colour Kobo! I debated between the Clara and the Libra, and ended up getting the Clara, mainly due to the lower price ($179 Cdn). I had pretty low expectations for the colour screen after reading some of the reviews and comments, and given the relatively low price. I received my Clara yesterday, and I must say, I was blown away by how good it is! I think the colour display looks fantastic, and black and white text looks really good as well. I had no trouble reading it outside. Being able to see the book covers and highlights in colour is really a game changer; the difference is night and day. The 4 highlight colours are really quite pleasing, and thankfully don't include the ubiquitous yellow.

I am glad I got the Clara over the Libra. I love the smaller size, and the minimalist design. I didn't like the texture on the back and lower part of the front at first, but now I really like it.
Overall, I love my new Clara colour. Great job, Kobo!
easterncoyote is offline   Reply With Quote