Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-23-2024, 05:40 PM   #16
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
There already is one. It's the Kindle Basic.
That doesn't have warm lighting or water proofing. They could also add Bluetooth page turning. And haptic buttons. And a flush screen.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2024, 07:54 PM   #17
Scoob
Connoisseur
Scoob is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Keyboard, Nook ST
Quote:
There's not much you can do to a basic Kindle other then up the screen size.
A warm light would be something new that can be done for the basic.

Quote:
The PW could have some changes such as a 7.8" screen. Maybe a new Oasis in 8". Who really knows?
Simple stylus support for the PW. It would be like having a small notepad with you
Scoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2024, 08:59 PM   #18
cgsmom
Addict
cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook GL4+, Nook GL4e, Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle PW4, iPhone 14
As my arthritis in my hands has gotten worse, I am gaining a new appreciation for 6” readers. I have been using my Nook GL4e and Kindle PW4. Neither has the warm light which I do miss. The Nook has buttons on both sides which I love. I will be really surprised if Amazon releases anything that I will be interested in buying.
cgsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2024, 09:06 PM   #19
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
One site I drove by claims that both the new Kindles will have the latest ACeP/Gallery colour displays much like the reMarkable Paper Pro. One will be an 8" replacement for the Oasis while the other will be a new Scribe version with buttons.

This is getting to be fun.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2024, 03:06 AM   #20
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Kindle Basic, Paperwhite SE and Oasis are out of stock at Amazon UK this morning.

Last edited by pdurrant; 09-24-2024 at 03:26 AM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2024, 03:42 AM   #21
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Well, I guess we can imagine which Kindles are going to be replaced.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2024, 10:05 AM   #22
Scoob
Connoisseur

Amazon US has the PW and SE in stock. The Basic Black is available only as certified refurbished. Denim is now fully out of stock. The Basic kids bundle is also now out of stock. Paperwhite Kids bundle version has the two day shipping.

Last edited by Scoob; 09-24-2024 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Stock availability changes
Old 09-24-2024, 01:15 PM   #23
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoob View Post
Amazon US has the PW and SE in stock. The Basic is in stock but not with two day shipping. The Basic kids bundle version has the two day shipping.
Interesting. I'm also seeing this.

I think I was looking at the "Denim" version when I reported it was unavailable.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2024, 01:33 PM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
That doesn't have warm lighting or water proofing. They could also add Bluetooth page turning. And haptic buttons. And a flush screen.
Nah! That would make it one hell of a mess.

Sure, add the warm light and waterproofing. But don't add any sort of buttons. Don't add a flush screen. We've seen what happened the last time Amazon added a flush screen to a 6" Reader. It became the disaster that was the PW4.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2024, 02:03 PM   #25
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Nah! That would make it one hell of a mess.

Sure, add the warm light and waterproofing. But don't add any sort of buttons. Don't add a flush screen. We've seen what happened the last time Amazon added a flush screen to a 6" Reader. It became the disaster that was the PW4.
And they have added it to all the Oases. Those certainly weren't a disaster.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2024, 02:06 PM   #26
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Haptic buttons, warm light, waterproofing, flush screen, and bluetooth page turning on a 6" reader sounds great. Time for an upgraded Voyage please!
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2024, 02:13 PM   #27
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe, reMarkable Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Nope. A 8'' Oasis.
Make it so!
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2024, 02:38 PM   #28
Mr Avid
Enthusiast
Mr Avid began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Oasis 3, PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgsmom View Post
I will be really surprised if Amazon releases anything that I will be interested in buying.
Yeah, me too. After using other platforms, there is no way I would go back to a kindle no matter hardware they produced.

That being said, I would love for them to add some cool new products. Both to push the rest of the market and for those who prefer using a kindle.
Mr Avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2024, 02:41 PM   #29
Scoob
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
Haptic buttons, warm light, waterproofing, flush screen, and bluetooth page turning on a 6" reader sounds great. Time for an upgraded Voyage please!
That right there is my dream. It's a longshot but one can hope. The only other thing I'd add is USB-C and OTG capability.
Old 09-24-2024, 03:31 PM   #30
Flaneurette
Enthusiast
Flaneurette is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Flaneurette is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Flaneurette is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Flaneurette is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Flaneurette is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Flaneurette is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Flaneurette is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Flaneurette is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Flaneurette is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Flaneurette is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Flaneurette is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: Kindle oasis3/Kobo sage/nook4&4+/Kindle Scribe
I am really hoping for a mini Scribe with buttons, color would be a bonus but not necessary
Flaneurette is offline   Reply With Quote