Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-30-2024, 07:46 AM   #16
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by repilo View Post
It would be great if it were possible to select text with the mouse in other places (Wikipedia, newspapers), copy it and paste it into Sigil while retaining italics and bold.
That's easily, and probably best, done in Page Edit, viz:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-08-30 215050.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	184.8 KB
ID:	210488

Name:	Screenshot 2024-08-30 214101.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	589.5 KB
ID:	210487

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-30-2024 at 07:52 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2024, 10:03 PM   #17
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
That's easily, and probably best, done in Page Edit, viz:
@repilo - but not using PE 2.3.0 - see PageEdit-2.3.0 Released starting at post #3.

BR
Old 09-07-2024, 04:31 PM   #18
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@repilo - but not using PE 2.3.0 - see PageEdit-2.3.0 Released starting at post #3.
Fixed in ==>> PageEdit-2.3.1

BR
Old 09-07-2024, 05:30 PM   #19
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Spellchecker

1. Provide access to the Preferences->Spellcheck dialogue from the Tools->Spellcheck… dialogue.

I sometimes add a word to a user dictionary that I shouldn't have added, or I add a word to the wrong dictionary. Which means I must either exit Spellcheck, correct the blunder, and restart Spellchecking … or try to remember to correct the blunder when I finish Spellchecking.
  2. Ability to Save and Load the Ignore list to a user named file in a user designated location.

I often Spellcheck across multiple sessions (particularly for collaborative developed texts), and I often ignore groups of 'supposedly misspelt' words (e.g. proper nouns, camelCased).
BR
Old 09-07-2024, 06:12 PM   #20
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
For 2, why not just create a wordlist called "Ignored" and use it that way.

For 1, removing words from loaded wordlists to move them someplace else can not be done when the Spellcheck Dialog itself is open and being used. Closing it and then editing the wordlists is required.

This happens as these lists of words are loaded into a hash table that can only be added to efficiently. To delete entries, you must destroy the table and rebuild it from the edited wordlist.

Last edited by KevinH; 09-07-2024 at 06:40 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2024, 10:27 PM   #21
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
For 2, why not just create a wordlist called "Ignored" and use it that way.
I usually have several projects active, so I would have multiple saved ignore lists. I would prefer to keep the saved ignore lists in the project folder with the manuscript, EPUB, PDF if any, original images, artwork etc. On occasions I also use Clear ignored words, and I envisaged that working on the Loaded list, not the Saved list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
For 1, removing words from loaded wordlists to move them someplace else can not be done when the Spellcheck Dialog itself is open and being used. Closing it and then editing the wordlists is required.

This happens as these lists of words are loaded into a hash table that can only be added to efficiently. To delete entries, you must destroy the table and rebuild it from the edited wordlist.
Guess what… just discovered I can access Preferences whilst Spellcheck is active, delete the word I mistakenly added to a user wordlist, press OK, hit Refresh in Spellcheck and it reappears as misspelled.

For some reason I thought the Spellcheck dialogue was modal, maybe because Metadata Edit is modal.

BR
Old 09-07-2024, 10:29 PM   #22
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It worked? To delete a word from the wordlist? Could it be because you just added it to another wordlist that was also active?

Last edited by KevinH; 09-07-2024 at 10:35 PM.
Old 09-07-2024, 10:57 PM   #23
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

I deleted the word I mistakenly added.

I was able to add a new word list.

What I can't do is cut (Ctrl+X) from wordlist A and Paste (Ctrl+V) into wordlist B.

BR
Old 09-07-2024, 11:19 PM   #24
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Just as I thought ...

There really are no routines in Spellcheck.cpp to remove a user wordlist word from the opened dictionary, there are only routines to add words to the active dictionary.

So if you delete a word from the wordlist, it will not take effect until the entire dictionary is closed (deleted from memory) and reopened fresh so that the altered wordlist words can be added.

Assuming your wordlist was open and active with the dictionary in use at all.
Old Today, 07:19 AM   #25
Shohreh
Groupie
Shohreh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shohreh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shohreh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shohreh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shohreh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shohreh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shohreh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shohreh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shohreh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shohreh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shohreh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Suggestions (using 2.3.1):

1. Add a File > Close menu item, when the user simply wants to close the current document while keeping Sigil running.

2. Change the dialog that pops up when hitting Search/Replace: If the user hit Search, hide the Replace text + buttons. Personally, I prefer the dialog to be displayed as a (non-modal) dialog at the center of the screen instead of as a bar at the bottom, but I could be in the minority.

3. Add CTRL+F4 to close a sub-window
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Sigil.spellchecker.7.png
Views:	7
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	210729  

Last edited by Shohreh; Today at 07:58 AM.
Shohreh is offline   Reply With Quote