Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-26-2024, 04:26 AM   #946
ilaudy
ilaudy began at the beginning.

Device: kindle scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
See my post on page 33 how to jailbreak it
Hi @mergen3107,

Many thanks for your detailed instructions. I have followed them to step 6 (all successful before with the FW version < 5.16.2.), which I am not sure how to do them: "Do not leave demo yet, install both Marek's and NiLuJe's hotfixes first."
I assume the Marek's hotfixes are the .bin files in the same LB folder, while NiLuje's one is this file: JailBreak-1.16.N-FW-5.x-hotfix.zip.
Should I use the sideload content in the demo mode or should I redo the resell this device part to load these files?
By the way, I won't be able to register my scribe to amazon, hope that is not the reason I can not successfully JB it.
Thanks again.
Best
ilaudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2024, 12:57 AM   #947
red.desk6410
red.desk6410 began at the beginning.

Device: Scribe
I had my Scribe jailbroken since Dec last year and realized only now that my device was always stuck in managed mode. I followed the directions at the end of the instructions to get out of managed mode but that just brought me to "Set up your kindle" and I couldn't find any reference to get out of that.

About to give up, I connected to my phone's hotspot to login thinking I have to create an account but sneaky Amazon downloaded the full update behind the scenes while I was merely logging in for the 20 seconds it took and of course upon reboot it force upgraded, I couldn't find a way to abort it or even turn it off. I'm now at 5.16.6.1.

Guess it's time to sell it and find a new jail breakable one...
red.desk6410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2024, 05:52 AM   #948
BionicGecko
Addict
BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Scribe, Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by red.desk6410 View Post
I'm now at 5.16.6.1.

Guess it's time to sell it and find a new jail breakable one...
If you don't mind waiting, there is hope for a new jailbreak coming out in the future which should work on this version.
BionicGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2024, 07:54 PM   #949
red.desk6410
red.desk6410 began at the beginning.

Device: Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicGecko View Post
If you don't mind waiting, there is hope for a new jailbreak coming out in the future which should work on this version.
Do you know if it's possible to have both Jailbreak and be registered with Amazon to get cloud/whispersync? I'm asking because now that I'm forced to use the original Kindle on my scribe and oasis, I'm actually quite pleased with its ability to just read an epub-conversion and sync my progress between each device and kindle mobile app seamlessly. I had a lot of problems getting sync to work properly with koreader.

I think the only thing I miss now is koreader for pdf on the scribe as the kindle pdf reader isn't very good.
red.desk6410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2024, 08:28 PM   #950
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Yes, JB and registration are independent
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2024, 12:42 PM   #951
Rauliki
Rauliki began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
I tried today to jailbreak by oneclick file. After jailbreak didnt autorestart, I restarted Kindle and it updated to newest version, so no jailbreak for this Kindle! It probably get update in the mean time when I turned on wifi to get to Kindle store (button). Be aware!

I'm trying to jailbreak another kindle through normal procedure, it's pita, Kindle shown me an error and restarted. Will have to try again.
Rauliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2024, 03:38 AM   #952
napoleon.drivas
napoleon.drivas began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 11th Gen
I'm having a Kindle Paperwhite 11th Gen, is it possible for my kindle to be jailbroken using LanguageBreak? I'm on firmware 5.16.21 and have serial no. G001 PX11
napoleon.drivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2024, 09:18 AM   #953
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Not at the moment
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:01 PM   #954
Rauliki

I followed instruction very carefully, downloaded file 1.0.2.1 version of file, tried on 2 PW4 on firmware (updated manually) 5.16.2

Till 16 point everything is ok.
Then:
17. You should be in a language selection menu in a few seconds
18. Choose Chinese (简体中文) (The one above the odd Pseudot language)
At first try the last language is chinese, there is no pseudot language.

19. Your kindle should reboot and you should see some log message on the screen
No log on screen or I don't know what exactly should I see.

Post Jailbreak

Code:

1. After the device has rebooted, type ;uzb into the search bar
Done
2. Connect the device to a PC and copy update_hotfix_languagebreak-{language you want to end up with}.bin to the root of the Kindle storage
Done. Chosen En-Gb
3. Eject the device and either enter ;dsts or swipe down and select the settings icon to enter the device settings menu
Done
4. Select Update Your Kindle to install the custom hotfix
Done
5. This will take your device out of demo mode and clean up unneeded jailbreak files.
This restarts Kindle PW4, make update but it goes back to clean demo startup, I dont connect to wifi, I choose language CHinese (now there is Pseudot language below) and tried post Jailbreak again -
ended with same demo mode.

If I write ;demo in search bar and push right PW4 now enters this settings with Resell.

Post Post Jailbreak
Code:

Stuck in chinese, demo or device is managed after jailbreak?
All you need to do is
;demo => press the right button it should "enter demo" but it will actually reset into normal mode with English
IT doesnt

Seriously, I don't know what to do. I jailbroken many devices but there is something wrong with either me or instruction.

Please help.
Old Yesterday, 04:13 PM   #955
Rauliki

I followed instruction step by step on Kindle PW4 with firmware 5.16.2.1

Everything went well till chosing language on demo - Chinese was last language (at first).
When I did it , it restarted but there was no log message on screen, there was some ther text about amazon (on chinese so i dont know what it said).

After reboot setup of demo started again and now chinese was 2 to last after Pseudot language. I thought, ok, maybe I need to do this 2nd time, but effect was -> back to demo.

Writing ;demo and pushing -> showed me settings where Resell is.

Is there anyone with PW4 that jailbroken it from 5.16.2.1?

Please help, I jailbroken many devices (iphones, android phones or tablets) and this is frustrating.

Thanks in advance
Old Today, 04:16 AM   #956
Marek
Zealot
Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4 :(, KT5, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauliki View Post
I followed instruction step by step on Kindle PW4 with firmware 5.16.2.1

Everything went well till chosing language on demo - Chinese was last language (at first).
When I did it , it restarted but there was no log message on screen, there was some ther text about amazon (on chinese so i dont know what it said).

After reboot setup of demo started again and now chinese was 2 to last after Pseudot language. I thought, ok, maybe I need to do this 2nd time, but effect was -> back to demo.

Writing ;demo and pushing -> showed me settings where Resell is.

Is there anyone with PW4 that jailbroken it from 5.16.2.1?

Please help, I jailbroken many devices (iphones, android phones or tablets) and this is frustrating.

Thanks in advance
Try installing the hotfix
Marek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:24 AM   #957
Rauliki

I've tried to install it second time after Resell.
I even updated one Kindle to 5.16.2.1.1 as suggested, nothing.
Oneclick install shows Kindle store error (on 5.15.1 at least it showed me a jailbreak button). I think , because Kindle updates itself faster than Jailbreak runs, and it wont run when there is a partialy downloaded update (even if it's 0 bytes). Couldn't it just delete this file?

I will try again, but it takes a lot of time and I don't see anything different (thats probably 10 times aleread with different firmwares).

Tags
jailbreak, jailbreak 5.16..2.1.1, languagebreak