Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old Today, 12:19 AM   #1
apricoto
Connoisseur
apricoto began at the beginning.

Device: HP X360 11", Win10
quick temporary bookmark

in some epubs reading a footnote takes you to back of book with no easy way to get back to where I started from, or I may want to look at something in another chapter, and then go back to where I was in the book.

I know that 'bookmarks' on left toolbar, or ctrl-b, can be used, with a number of clicks and creating a name, to produce a bookmark, in a list of bookmarks, which then will need to be deleted, But, is there a way to simply mark a spot in book, and later go back there, similar to using a bookmark in a paper book; a one off, one click mark, "hold this place" that after going back there it goes away, sort of bookmark? A way to simply say, temporarily mark this spot/page, take me back here later?
apricoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:27 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use the back button?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:13 AM   #3
apricoto
Connoisseur
apricoto began at the beginning.

Device: HP X360 11", Win10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Use the back button?
yes, I neglected to mention that. If you are referring to the left (alt-left)and right (alt-right) 'arrows' at top of left toolbar: I saw those mentioned when I researched this before posting and tried them. I have found that sometimes the left (back?) lower arrow is highlighted and does take me back to original place. But sometimes it is not highlighted, and does nothing. I have no idea why the difference. I have never seen the 'right' (uppermost) arrow highlighted.
Is there some setting that needs to be changed to get these arrows to work all the time? or are you referring to different 'back' arrows?
apricoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:31 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No those are the back arrows. They will be active any time you follow a link, just like the back/forward arrows in a browser.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote