Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old Today, 09:03 AM   #1
philja
Zealot
philja began at the beginning.

Device: none
Keyboard shortcuts listing on MacBook Air - incoherence

Using Sigil 2.1.0 on my recently acquired MacBook.

Having been brought up on Windows and Linux, I'm slowly overcoming the cultural differences like, in Code View, finding the close tab red cross at the left hand edge of the tab instead of the right side. I thought today would be a good moment to make the same keyboard shortcuts on Mac as I'm using on Linux and Windows for the recently introduced 'focus' items.

I have learned that on a Mac, Cmd is the general equivalent to Ctrl on other platforms but I was surprised to find in the list of keyboard shortcuts, there are a load of Ctrl+Shift+'xyz' listed.

I was pleased to see that, and tried to introduce a Ctrl+Shift+B to focus on the Book Browser because the MacAir does have a Ctrl key. But Shift+Ctrl+ records as Meta+. The Mac Ctrl key has two functions, 'with shift' and 'without shift'.

So none of the Shift+Ctrl+xyz shortcuts listed under "preferences > keyboard shortcuts" in the Mac version of Sigil can possibly work.

Those same functions accessed from the menu bar drop-downs are correctly shown as Shift+Cmd+'xyz'.
philja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:07 AM   #2
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15/11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
The user manual is in the process of being updated. If you'd like to volunteer check out this thread.
Turtle91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:46 AM   #3
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
No, Qt remaps the Apple Key to the Cntrl Key, and remaps others as well. This is to make all shortcuts cross platform. Where you see Ctrl use the Apple Key.

Qt has done this for over 15 years, so it will not be changed. This is why Ctrl+C to cut on Windows maps to Apple Key C on mac which is traditional on the mac platform.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote