Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old Yesterday, 11:03 AM   #1351
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by foosion View Post
Request: would it be possible to modify the plugin so that it had a down triangle at the right which would open the list of the various plugin options (see edit metadata, preferences, convert books, etc.) and to be able to customize the plugin to choose default behavior when you click on the plugin?

I'd like to make it easier to sync now.
I can see no need for this. What you do is put the mouse pointer over a book (in the main GUI) you want to do something with and right click. The menu comes up and you can choose what you want from there.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:10 AM   #1352
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
If I understand correctly what foosion is asking for is just another alternative for the feature I added recently which allows a single click of the main plugin button to display the contents of a reading list. They are asking for an alternate configuration which would instead make that single click perform a Sync operation. A not unreasonable request, though you could just as easily assign a keyboard shortcut and use that instead.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:25 AM   #1353
foosion
Groupie
foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kobo Libra 2 & Clara BW
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
If I understand correctly what foosion is asking for is just another alternative for the feature I added recently which allows a single click of the main plugin button to display the contents of a reading list. They are asking for an alternate configuration which would instead make that single click perform a Sync operation. A not unreasonable request, though you could just as easily assign a keyboard shortcut and use that instead.
Yes.

My overall goal is to cut down on the number of I clicks needed to do what I want to do. The usual reason I connect to Calibre is to add books and I'd like Calibre to keep track of the books I have on my kobo.

As you suggest, a keyboard shortcut is an easy alternative to clicking on Reading List then clicking Sync Now.

The author of the SmartEject plugin has modified that plugin to invoke RL's sync now function on ejection, which accomplishes my goal without me needing to click on RL at all.

BTW, another way to accomplish my goal would be for Send to Device to have the ability to put a checkmark in an onkobo column.

EDIT: Another way would be to use Action Chains, but reportedly it does not Sync Now reliably. A simpler version of Action Chains would be a plugin to create keyboard macros - combine multiple keyboard shortcuts into a single keypress.

Last edited by foosion; Today at 06:57 AM.
foosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:57 AM   #1354
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by foosion View Post
Yes.

My overall goal is to cut down on the number of I clicks needed to do what I want to do. The usual reason I connect to Calibre is to add books and I'd like Calibre to keep track of the books I have on my kobo.

As you suggest, a keyboard shortcut is an easy alternative to clicking on Reading List then clicking Sync Now.

The author of the SmartEject plugin has modified that plugin to invoke RL's sync now function on ejection, which accomplishes my goal without me needing to click on RL at all.

BTW, another way to accomplish my goal would be for Send to Device to have the ability to put a checkmark in an onkobo column.
Send to Device won't check your onkobo column. But maybe Reading List could be modified to do that when it sends eBooks to your device.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote