Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old Yesterday, 10:01 AM   #1
axlrod
axlrod began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Library Location Configs Mac

I am developing a bash script for Mac that will allow me to wrap and run a portable version of Calibre on a Mac.

One of the recurring issues I encounter is when the script is used on a new machine. In such cases, it fails to recognize/Volumes/CaliberPortable/Library as the library location, as it has been mounted as "/Volumes/Calibre 1." This necessitates a manual search for the library.

I don't think there is any way to use relative paths; or is there? That would be the ideal solution!

If not, assuming I tracked down all the JSON files and tweaked those usng my wrapper script before Calibre launches, would that be a safe way to change it with the script? Is there a better way?

Also, to update the quick switch menu to additional Libraries, can I just adjust the history.plist file?
axlrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:30 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Look at the calibre-portable.sh script in the resources folder of a calibre install to see how to do it. You just need toset a few env vars
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
configuration, mac, portable calibre, scripting