Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-26-2024, 05:33 PM   #31
Phil_C
Addict
Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350; Kobo Clara HD; Kobo Clara 2E; Kobo Clara BW
Latest firmware AND most of my patches are working on Clara HD, Clara 2E, and Clara BW. Looking good!
Phil_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2024, 06:45 PM   #32
pocketwildflower
pocketwildflower began at the beginning.

Device: kobo libra colour
Kobo Libra Colour Stylus not showing now for sideloaded kepubs.

Is anyone else running into this issue since the update?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	libracolour.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	344.8 KB
ID:	209178  
pocketwildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2024, 07:01 PM   #33
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Probably never. You did notice that the 4.38 firmware is 11 builds ahead of the 4.39 firmware? I tend to the belief that the next unified firmware for Kobo ereaders will be a v5 firmware for Kobo and tolino ereaders.
Oh, no... is the next release going to be a 4.38? That's going to make a mess out of a bunch of my scripts...
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2024, 07:15 PM   #34
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Oh, no... is the next release going to be a 4.38? That's going to make a mess out of a bunch of my scripts...
I haven't gotten a response back but at this time, it seems the 4.38.xxxxx and 4.39.xxxxx firmware will not be merged in the near future. I tend towards the suspicion that the next version for all Kobo's touch devices is likely to be the Kobo/tolino unitary firmware (v5??).
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2024, 07:25 PM   #35
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketwildflower View Post
Is anyone else running into this issue since the update?
The stylus icon shows up for me on a Libra Colour with a sideloaded kepub.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_002.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	164.9 KB
ID:	209181   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_001.png
Views:	102
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	209182  
Old 06-26-2024, 07:44 PM   #36
pocketwildflower

Quote:
The stylus icon shows up for me on a Libra Colour with a sideloaded kepub.

Thank you for your reply. Is this a newly added kepub since the update or one that was already on your device?
Old 06-26-2024, 07:53 PM   #37
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketwildflower View Post
Thank you for your reply. Is this a newly added kepub since the update or one that was already on your device?
One that I just added to the device. I also checked one that was on the device before the first update after 4.39.22861 and that one showed the stylus icon as well.
Old 06-26-2024, 10:03 PM   #38
pocketwildflower

Quote:
One that I just added to the device. I also checked one that was on the device before the first update after 4.39.22861 and that one showed the stylus icon as well.

Thank you for doing this. Are you only able to annotate/see the stylus options once you reach Chapter 1? It seems like that's the only way I can get it to work now. No more doodling on cover images it seems.
Old 06-26-2024, 11:17 PM   #39
DNSB
Bibliophagist

The first image I posted is the book cover with the stylus showing. However I’ve never actually scribbled on a cover image.
Old 06-26-2024, 11:45 PM   #40
ghira
Zealot
ghira began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Aura One, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Glowlight,
For several versions now my Sage has sometimes showed the charge status of a stylus it does not have. I even edited the config file to tell it it does not have one and it still does it. I have regarded this as cosmetic and not very important,but maybe it's not a great sign.
ghira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 01:16 AM   #41
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Firmwares 4.39.23027 and 4.38.23038

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathil View Post
You should check that the collections on your Kobo correspond to those present on your Kobo account. If there's a difference syncing will hang. I had the same issue for years until I deleted all of the collections manually on my Kobo and my Kobo account (using the app). I synced and then everything worked properly. If you use Calibre recreating your collections afterwards is very easy.

This is the way. Tedious and time consuming, but the only method of fixing that particular db problem. Fortunately, I’ve only had to do it twice in the years I’ve had a Kobo eReader.

Last edited by Cootey; 06-27-2024 at 01:19 AM.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 02:27 AM   #42
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghira View Post
For several versions now my Sage has sometimes showed the charge status of a stylus it does not have. I even edited the config file to tell it it does not have one and it still does it. I have regarded this as cosmetic and not very important,but maybe it's not a great sign.
If you have developer mode enabled, that will happen. If you tap on the battery icon, you will see the eReader power level, the PowerCover power level and the cilix power level even if you don't have a PowerCover or a styus.
Old 06-27-2024, 05:03 AM   #43
xyclonei
Connoisseur
xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_C View Post
Latest firmware AND most of my patches are working on Clara HD, Clara 2E, and Clara BW. Looking good!
Same here. Updated, used the patches from the last 4.38.X, and all seems to works well.
xyclonei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 05:06 AM   #44
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Libra Color, Nxtpaper 11
Quote:
If you have developer mode enabled, that will happen. If you tap on the battery icon, you will see the eReader power level, the PowerCover power level and the cilix power level even if you don't have a PowerCover or a styus.
I think there is some other setting needed to let the PowerCover status show:
in devmodeon I just see the ereader battery status, an empty line followed by the stylus battery status on my Libra Color.

Oh, and the stylus status is useless as it just shows "OK", even just before the stylus is out of power. No warning to charge it. So when the stylus is in dire need to be recharged, you see ... nothing. But then, you already knew that because your stylus did not respond anymore with the Libra Color

PS: The KLC is not updated to the latest FW.

PSPS: By an amazingly coincident I saw today that my stylus started blinking orange, indicating it needed to be charged. So immediately I tapped on the battery icon and behold: KLC indicated that the stylus needed to be charged quickly. However, before I could make a screenshot, the stylus stopped blinking and the KLC battery message disappeared. The whole blinking time took about 30 seconds, you easy can miss it. So my finding still stands: you never get a timely pre-warning that the stylus battery needs charging (in the near future).

Last edited by DrChiper; 06-27-2024 at 08:51 AM.
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 08:25 AM   #45
jkrzok
Connoisseur
jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD, Aura One, Voyage, Oasis 1 & 2, Many others getting dusty.
I have a Clara BW coming today and would like to patch it as i always do. While there are no new patches for the latest firmware I see that some people are patching their devices.

Is it as simple as following the instructions in the latest patch thread while ignoring version numbers? Do I need to rename or otherwise modify the update or patch zips? And lastly, is there any chance of bricking my new device?
jkrzok is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, firmware release