Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-16-2024, 06:52 PM   #1
starfishpaws
starfishpaws began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question about pulling metadata from .metadata.calibre on an Android device

Hi
I have books on an older Samsung Galaxy using ReadEra. ReadEra allows you to add tags (they call them "collections") to a book that are then saved in the .metadata.calibre file on the device. My question is if there is any way to sync those "ReadEra tags" with Calibre using a custom column? Or will they need to be added manually?
Thanks!

Grr. I tried to add an image of the .metadata.calibre file showing the tags but I've failed. Anyway, example:

"tags": [
"AU",
"Horror",
"Hotel"
],

Last edited by starfishpaws; 06-16-2024 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Failing to add image
starfishpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2024, 09:02 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
metadata.calibre is used to cache metadata shown in the device view of calibre. Unfortunately, there is no cross device standard for tags/collections. So each device driver has to implement its own support for them. When it comes to Android devices, its even worse since there is only one driver but infinite numbers of reading apps that all choose to do things differently. Supporting them is not really practical I am afraid.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2024, 08:45 AM   #3
starfishpaws
starfishpaws began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for explaining it so well
starfishpaws is offline   Reply With Quote