Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-16-2024, 11:52 PM   #1
biGPlant
biGPlant began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Reviving a bricked Libra 2

I tried setting up koreader on a Kobo Libra 2 but read the guide incorrectly. Just a disclaimer, the guide is probably fine I believe I just screwed up somewhere. I thought I needed to extract the zip file at koreader github's release page rather than the one-click method linked at the bottom of the tutorial. Of course it didn't follow the "update then restart" step so I knew I did something wrong.

Once I realized my mistake, I connected the Kobo to my PC and extracted the correct zip file to the device. I removed the prior extracted files from the device after extracting the correct files to kobo. I safely removed the kobo then saw the "update and restart" step occur. It froze on "Updating" for around 10 minutes, so I naively forced shutdown thinking something went wrong again. When turning it on again, I see a small flash on the screen and a blinking led on the edge of the device. I consistently see the same error connecting to my PC, and attempting a manual reset.

I bought it from a third party seller so I assume warranty is voided and I know it will be difficult to remove the SD card with the waterproofing it has.

Is there a fix that doesn't involve a teardown?
biGPlant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2024, 01:28 AM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
I don't know the processor on the Libra 2, but usually low-level loaders are your friend.
If you can make a full, raw backup you can recover from anything.
Of course, once you've killed it before backup you'll need to get stuff from either an update or a person with the current image.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert