Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-13-2024, 08:20 AM   #1
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Libra Color, Nxtpaper 11
Color does spontaneously resets

Unlike the Libra 2, I did not (yet) experienced a system freeze of the Libra Color.
However, I have seen on the KLC a couple of times some spontaneously resets. While in sleep mode or when active I've seen a refresh flash, where after spontaneously the famous 3 dots did appear, and quite quickly the homescreen was shown.
In all cases, the KLC was not been connected to the PC, nor did I had any interaction with the device at that moment.

Anyone also seen this behavior?
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 05:31 AM   #2
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Rarely, but yes. I can’t recall what I was doing at the time to cause the reboot, but it has happened several times over the month that I’ve owned the KLC. Update: Actually, come to think of it, I have encountered the reboot most often when using Notebooks. The screen will stop responding to input, then after an awkward pause, suddenly flash and reboot.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 09:01 AM   #3
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Libra Color, Nxtpaper 11
Well, it is not very likely that I will use the notebooks very often, but let others now be warned.
There is even a test option in devmode, so it seems to me that Kobo is well aware of these crash/freeze issues.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_009.png
Views:	33
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	208876  
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote