Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-12-2024, 08:26 AM   #1
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Libra Color, Nxtpaper 11
Color not always seems to present the required colors

Yes, it is true, I also acquired a Libra Color. It was given to me by my loving spouse who wanted to put an end at my hesitation whether to buy one or not. Oh well, worse things happen

Anyway, this puts me in a perfect position to check the colorfulness of the device and I did some strange discoveries after putting some seemingly perfectly formed epubs from my Libra 2 (I still will use that) on the Libra Color.

The first finding (see attachments) was that a colored "dropcap" did not showed.
The used original style found in the epub:
Code:
  span.dropcap1 {
    font-size: 1.75em;
    font-weight: bold;
    color: Red;
  }
  .special {
    font-family: sans-serif;
  }
The (abbreviated) used original text:
Code:
<p><span class="dropcap1"><span class="special">“W</span></span>hat the—”</p>
I got it to work with this change:
Code:
  span.dropcap2 {
  }
The used changed text:
Code:
<p><span class="dropcap2">“W</span>hat the—”</p>
My second finding (see attachments) was that "links" (tag <a>) are not by default shown in "blue", which is odd.

Did anyone have similar findings?

PS: Kepub-yfing the epub by just adding ".kepub.epub" did made both text variants show in red, while "links" now are grey-ish with an underline even while the style setting did specified text-decoration: none;.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	evidence1.png
Views:	100
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	208816   Click image for larger version

Name:	evidence2.png
Views:	86
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	208817  

Last edited by DrChiper; 06-15-2024 at 09:04 AM.
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 09:38 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Is rainbow mode on or off? The nearly 300 dpi mode isn't compatible with colour and colour mode really only allows 150 dpi.

It could be there is some kind of automatic decision to render in mono (for a a poorer than mono eink) 300 dpi, or to render in 150 dpi for colour content.

TBH, I expect this.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 09:53 AM   #3
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Rainbow is OFF. See also my added comment in the original posting: it seems an rendering issue as the results from an EPUB is different from an KEPUB.

There is also a new finding: when kepub-yfing an EPUB2, I get a warning that the stylus is not usable, while kepub-yfiing an EPUB3 does not trigger that warning.

Last edited by DrChiper; 06-12-2024 at 09:57 AM.
Old 06-12-2024, 11:22 AM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The stylus is useless for epubs anyway for serious proof/annotations. On Sage I'd only have used it on PDFs (or notebooks), but I don't use the stylus at all now.

What difference does rainbow on/off make to skinny italics?

I might create some test files.

I don't use kepub at all now. Even bought Kobo ebooks are downloaded to PC. I did originally because I didn't understand the Extended driver on my H2O original.

Last edited by Quoth; 06-12-2024 at 11:24 AM.
Old 06-12-2024, 11:29 AM   #5
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Libra Colour, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChiper View Post
Yes, it is true, I also acquired a Libra Color. It was given to me by my loving spouse who wanted to put an end at my hesitation whether to buy one or not. Oh well, worse things happen

Anyway, this puts me in a perfect position to check the colorfulness of the device and I did some strange discoveries after putting some seemingly perfectly formed epubs from my Libra 2 (I still will use that) on the Libra Color.

The first finding (see attachments) was that a colored "dropcap" did not showed.

The used original style found in the epub:

Code:
  span.dropcap1 {

}

.special {

}

The (abbreviated) used original text:

Code:
<p><span class="dropcap1"><span class="special">“W</span></span>hat the—”</p>

I got it to work with this change:

Code:
  span.dropcap2 {

}

The used changed text:

Code:
<p><span class="dropcap2">“W</span>hat the—”</p>

My second finding (see attachments) was that "links" (tag <a>) are not by default shown in "blue", which is odd.

Did anyone have similar findings?

PS: Kepub-yfing the epub by just adding ".kepub.epub" did made both text variants show in red, while "links" now are grey-ish with an underline even while the style setting did specified text-decoration: none;.
Yes, I've noticed this too. Some TOCs that are blue in epubs (both underlined or not) are black on the LC. This also happens with chapter titles and sub-titles.

With very little knowledge of css/html editing, I have been unsuccessful in correcting it.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 01:36 PM   #6
DrChiper
Bookish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Yes, I've noticed this too. Some TOCs that are blue in epubs (both underlined or not) are black on the LC. This also happens with chapter titles and sub-titles.
Ok, I already figured it was not just me
Quote:
With very little knowledge of css/html editing, I have been unsuccessful in correcting it.
I had little experience too in the past, when I found this forum and joined it. I experimented a lot and start loving google as my friend.
For the moment I did found a possible solution (=workaround):
Code:
a {
  text-decoration: none;
  color: blue;
}
It seems that CSS elements do not seem to have default (color) values within Kobo LC (for EPUB), so explicitly setting them works (for me at least) for the moment. I still consider the LC as a work in progress.
Old 06-12-2024, 01:57 PM   #7
DrChiper
Bookish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
The stylus is useless for epubs anyway for serious proof/annotations. On Sage I'd only have used it on PDFs (or notebooks), but I don't use the stylus at all now.
I do use it almost solely for highlighting, and even that is troublesome as I often forget to press the button and ending up with scattered dots all over the place with the KLC noting that I have made "notes". The other thing I tried to use the stylus for is to select footnote-markers as it is hit-and-miss when using my fingers. I hoped it was better, but ended again with dot-"notes". Oh well...

Quote:
What difference does rainbow on/off make to skinny italics?
No clue, never tried yet. Too advanced for the moment Same goes for all devmod settings which are useless without an proper explanation. Of course I can assume, but assuming is deadly and to be avoided.

Quote:
I don't use kepub at all now.
Me too. I just use them as reference to see whether they do something better/differently compared with my standard EPUBs.
Old 06-12-2024, 02:41 PM   #8
DrChiper
Bookish

I did some color tests and found the following results (see attachment KLC screenshot).
Mark the missing color last column, 4th entry from bottom. That was supposed to be "rebeccapurple", but seems to be not displayable on the KLC, it is in the calibre viewer and other devices.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	screen_001.png
Views:	83
Size:	188.2 KB
ID:	208819   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	977.0 KB
ID:	208890  

Last edited by DrChiper; 06-15-2024 at 02:05 PM.
Old 06-12-2024, 03:01 PM   #9
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

A screenshot though is misleading compared to a photo of the screen.

It's odd that a screenshot doesn't do "true colour", i.e. 24 bit RGB, 8 bits per R, G and B. Some mono Kobos certainly did when I checked years ago.
Old 06-12-2024, 03:11 PM   #10
DrChiper
Bookish

Quote:
A screenshot though is misleading compared to a photo of the screen.
True, even same kind of devices can provide different results. Hmm, perhaps I better can provide the html code, so everybody interested can include it in an ebook and have a look on their own device.

Spoiler:
Code:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" lang="en" xml:lang="en">

<head>
  <style type="text/css" title="override_css">
  table {
    border: none;
    table-layout: auto;
    width: 100%;
    font-weight: normal;
    font-size: 0.65em;
    line-height: normal;
  }
  tr {
    page-break-inside: auto;
    page-break-after: auto;
  }
  td {
    padding: 5px;
    border: none;
    text-align: justify;
  }
  </style>
</head>

<body>

<h1>TEST: Color Matrix</h1>

<table>

<tbody>

<tr>
        <td style="background-color:white" title="white = #ffffff">white</td>
        <td style="background-color:gainsboro" title="gainsboro = #dcdcdc">gainsboro</td>
        <td style="background-color:silver" title="silver = #c0c0c0">silver</td>
        <td style="background-color:darkgray" title="darkgray = #a9a9a9">darkgray</td>
        <td style="background-color:gray" title="gray = #808080">gray</td>
        <td style="background-color:dimgray" title="dimgray = #696969">dimgray</td>
        <td style="background-color:black;color:white;" title="black = #000000">black</td>
      </tr>

<tr>
        <td style="background-color:whitesmoke" title="whitesmoke = #f5f5f5">whitesmoke</td>
        <td style="background-color:lightgray" title="lightgray = #d3d3d3">lightgray</td>
        <td style="background-color:lightcoral" title="lightcoral = #f08080">lightcoral</td>
        <td style="background-color:rosybrown" title="rosybrown = #bc8f8f">rosybrown</td>
        <td style="background-color:indianred" title="indianred = #cd5c5c">indianred</td>
        <td style="background-color:red" title="red = #ff0000">red</td>
        <td style="background-color:maroon;color:white;" title="maroon = #800000">maroon</td>
      </tr>

<tr>
        <td style="background-color:snow" title="snow = #fffafa">snow</td>
        <td style="background-color:mistyrose" title="mistyrose = #ffe4e1">mistyrose</td>
        <td style="background-color:salmon" title="salmon = #fa8072">salmon</td>
        <td style="background-color:orangered" title="orangered = #ff4500">orangered</td>
        <td style="background-color:chocolate" title="chocolate = #d2691e">chocolate</td>
        <td style="background-color:brown" title="brown = #a52a2a">brown</td>
        <td style="background-color:darkred;color:white;" title="darkred = #8b0000">darkred</td>
      </tr>

<tr>
        <td style="background-color:seashell" title="seashell = #fff5ee">seashell</td>
        <td style="background-color:peachpuff" title="peachpuff = #ffdab9">peachpuff</td>
        <td style="background-color:tomato" title="tomato = #ff6347">tomato</td>
        <td style="background-color:darkorange" title="darkorange = #ff8c00">darkorange</td>
        <td style="background-color:peru" title="peru = #cd853f">peru</td>
        <td style="background-color:firebrick" title="firebrick = #b22222">firebrick</td>
        <td style="background-color:olive;color:white;" title="olive = #808000">olive</td>
      </tr>

<tr>
        <td style="background-color:linen" title="linen = #faf0e6">linen</td>
        <td style="background-color:bisque" title="bisque = #ffe4c4">bisque</td>
        <td style="background-color:darksalmon" title="darksalmon = #e9967a">darksalmon</td>
        <td style="background-color:orange" title="orange = #ffa500">orange</td>
        <td style="background-color:goldenrod" title="goldenrod = #daa520">goldenrod</td>
        <td style="background-color:sienna" title="sienna = #a0522d">sienna</td>
        <td style="background-color:darkolivegreen;color:white;" title="darkolivegreen = #556b2f">darkolivegreen</td>
      </tr>

<tr>
        <td style="background-color:oldlace" title="oldlace = #fdf5e6">oldlace</td>
        <td style="background-color:antiquewhite" title="antiquewhite = #faebd7">antiquewhite</td>
        <td style="background-color:coral" title="coral = #ff7f50">coral</td>
        <td style="background-color:gold" title="gold = #ffd700">gold</td>
        <td style="background-color:limegreen" title="limegreen = #32cd32">limegreen</td>
        <td style="background-color:saddlebrown" title="saddlebrown = #8b4513">saddlebrown</td>
        <td style="background-color:darkgreen;color:white;" title="darkgreen = #006400">darkgreen</td>
      </tr>

<tr>
        <td style="background-color:floralwhite" title="floralwhite = #fffaf0">floralwhite</td>
        <td style="background-color:navajowhite" title="navajowhite = #ffdead">navajowhite</td>
        <td style="background-color:lightsalmon" title="lightsalmon = #ffa07a">lightsalmon</td>
        <td style="background-color:darkkhaki" title="darkkhaki = #bdb76b">darkkhaki</td>
        <td style="background-color:lime" title="lime = #00ff00">lime</td>
        <td style="background-color:darkgoldenrod" title="darkgoldenrod = #b8860b">darkgoldenrod</td>
        <td style="background-color:green;color:white;" title="green = #008000">green</td>
      </tr>

<tr>
        <td style="background-color:cornsilk" title="cornsilk = #fff8dc">cornsilk</td>
        <td style="background-color:blanchedalmond" title="blanchedalmond = #ffebcd">blanchedalmond</td>
        <td style="background-color:sandybrown" title="sandybrown = #f4a460">sandybrown</td>
        <td style="background-color:yellow" title="yellow = #ffff00">yellow</td>
        <td style="background-color:mediumseagreen" title="mediumseagreen = #3cb371">mediumseagreen</td>
        <td style="background-color:olivedrab" title="olivedrab = #6b8e23">olivedrab</td>
        <td style="background-color:forestgreen;color:white;" title="forestgreen = #228b22">forestgreen</td>
      </tr>

<tr>
        <td style="background-color:ivory" title="ivory = #fffff0">ivory</td>
        <td style="background-color:papayawhip" title="papayawhip = #ffefd5">papayawhip</td>
        <td style="background-color:burlywood" title="burlywood = #deb887">burlywood</td>
        <td style="background-color:yellowgreen" title="yellowgreen = #9acd32">yellowgreen</td>
        <td style="background-color:springgreen" title="springgreen = #00ff7f">springgreen</td>
        <td style="background-color:seagreen" title="seagreen = #2e8b57">seagreen</td>
        <td style="background-color:darkslategray;color:white;" title="darkslategray = #2f4f4f">darkslategray</td>
      </tr>

<tr>
        <td style="background-color:beige" title="beige = #f5f5dc">beige</td>
        <td style="background-color:moccasin" title="moccasin = #ffe4b5">moccasin</td>
        <td style="background-color:tan" title="tan = #d2b48c">tan</td>
        <td style="background-color:chartreuse" title="chartreuse = #7fff00">chartreuse</td>
        <td style="background-color:mediumspringgreen" title="mediumspringgreen = #00fa9a">mediumspringgreen</td>
        <td style="background-color:lightseagreen" title="lightseagreen = #20b2aa">lightseagreen</td>
        <td style="background-color:teal;color:white;" title="teal = #008080">teal</td>
      </tr>

<tr>
        <td style="background-color:lightyellow" title="lightyellow = #ffffe0">lightyellow</td>
        <td style="background-color:wheat" title="wheat = #f5deb3">wheat</td>
        <td style="background-color:khaki" title="khaki = #f0e68c">khaki</td>
        <td style="background-color:lawngreen" title="lawngreen = #7cfc00">lawngreen</td>
        <td style="background-color:aqua" title="aqua = #00ffff">aqua</td>
        <td style="background-color:darkturquoise" title="darkturquoise = #00ced1">darkturquoise</td>
        <td style="background-color:darkcyan;color:white;" title="darkcyan = #008b8b">darkcyan</td>
      </tr>

<tr>
        <td style="background-color:lightgoldenrodyellow" title="lightgoldenrodyellow = #fafad2">lightgoldenrodyellow</td>
        <td style="background-color:lemonchiffon" title="lemonchiffon = #fffacd">lemonchiffon</td>
        <td style="background-color:greenyellow" title="greenyellow = #adff2f">greenyellow</td>
        <td style="background-color:darkseagreen" title="darkseagreen = #8fbc8f">darkseagreen</td>
        <td style="background-color:cyan" title="cyan = #00ffff">cyan</td>
        <td style="background-color:deepskyblue" title="deepskyblue = #00bfff">deepskyblue</td>
        <td style="background-color:midnightblue;color:white;" title="midnightblue = #191970">midnightblue</td>
      </tr>

<tr>
        <td style="background-color:honeydew" title="honeydew = #f0fff0">honeydew</td>
        <td style="background-color:palegoldenrod" title="palegoldenrod = #eee8aa">palegoldenrod</td>
        <td style="background-color:lightgreen" title="lightgreen = #90ee90">lightgreen</td>
        <td style="background-color:mediumaquamarine" title="mediumaquamarine = #66cdaa">mediumaquamarine</td>
        <td style="background-color:cadetblue" title="cadetblue = #5f9ea0">cadetblue</td>
        <td style="background-color:steelblue" title="steelblue = #4682b4">steelblue</td>
        <td style="background-color:navy;color:white;" title="navy = #000080">navy</td>
      </tr>

<tr>
        <td style="background-color:mintcream" title="mintcream = #f5fffa">mintcream</td>
        <td style="background-color:palegreen" title="palegreen = #98fb98">palegreen</td>
        <td style="background-color:skyblue" title="skyblue = #87ceeb">skyblue</td>
        <td style="background-color:turquoise" title="turquoise = #40e0d0">turquoise</td>
        <td style="background-color:dodgerblue" title="dodgerblue = #1e90ff">dodgerblue</td>
        <td style="background-color:blue" title="blue = #0000ff">blue</td>
        <td style="background-color:darkblue;color:white;" title="darkblue = #00008b">darkblue</td>
      </tr>

<tr>
        <td style="background-color:azure" title="azure = #f0ffff">azure</td>
        <td style="background-color:aquamarine" title="aquamarine = #7fffd4">aquamarine</td>
        <td style="background-color:lightskyblue" title="lightskyblue = #87cefa">lightskyblue</td>
        <td style="background-color:mediumturquoise" title="mediumturquoise = #48d1cc">mediumturquoise</td>
        <td style="background-color:lightslategray" title="lightslategray = #778899">lightslategray</td>
        <td style="background-color:blueviolet" title="blueviolet = #8a2be2">blueviolet</td>
        <td style="background-color:mediumblue;color:white;" title="mediumblue = #0000cd">mediumblue</td>
      </tr>

<tr>
        <td style="background-color:lightcyan" title="lightcyan = #e0ffff">lightcyan</td>
        <td style="background-color:paleturquoise" title="paleturquoise = #afeeee">paleturquoise</td>
        <td style="background-color:lightsteelblue" title="lightsteelblue = #b0c4de">lightsteelblue</td>
        <td style="background-color:cornflowerblue" title="cornflowerblue = #6495ed">cornflowerblue</td>
        <td style="background-color:slategray" title="slategray = #708090">slategray</td>
        <td style="background-color:darkorchid" title="darkorchid = #9932cc">darkorchid</td>
        <td style="background-color:darkslateblue;color:white;" title="darkslateblue = #483d8b">darkslateblue</td>
      </tr>

<tr>
        <td style="background-color:aliceblue" title="aliceblue = #f0f8ff">aliceblue</td>
        <td style="background-color:powderblue" title="powderblue = #b0e0e6">powderblue</td>
        <td style="background-color:thistle" title="thistle = #d8bfd8">thistle</td>
        <td style="background-color:mediumslateblue" title="mediumslateblue = #7b68ee">mediumslateblue</td>
        <td style="background-color:royalblue" title="royalblue = #4169e1">royalblue</td>
        <td style="background-color:darkviolet" title="darkviolet = #9400d3">darkviolet</td>
        <td style="background-color:rebeccapurple;color:white;" title="rebeccapurple = #663399">rebeccapurple</td>
      </tr>

<tr>
        <td style="background-color:ghostwhite" title="ghostwhite = #f8f8ff">ghostwhite</td>
        <td style="background-color:lightblue" title="lightblue = #add8e6">lightblue</td>
        <td style="background-color:plum" title="plum = #dda0dd">plum</td>
        <td style="background-color:mediumpurple" title="mediumpurple = #9370db">mediumpurple</td>
        <td style="background-color:slateblue" title="slateblue = #6a5acd">slateblue</td>
        <td style="background-color:magenta" title="magenta = #ff00ff">magenta</td>
        <td style="background-color:indigo;color:white;" title="indigo = #4b0082">indigo</td>
      </tr>

<tr>
        <td style="background-color:lavender" title="lavender = #e6e6fa">lavender</td>
        <td style="background-color:pink" title="pink = #ffc0cb">pink</td>
        <td style="background-color:violet" title="violet = #ee82ee">violet</td>
        <td style="background-color:orchid" title="orchid = #da70d6">orchid</td>
        <td style="background-color:mediumorchid" title="mediumorchid = #ba55d3">mediumorchid</td>
        <td style="background-color:mediumvioletred" title="mediumvioletred = #c71585">mediumvioletred</td>
        <td style="background-color:purple;color:white;" title="purple = #800080">purple</td>
      </tr>

<tr>
        <td style="background-color:lavenderblush" title="lavenderblush = #fff0f5">lavenderblush</td>
        <td style="background-color:lightpink" title="lightpink = #ffb6c1">lightpink</td>
        <td style="background-color:hotpink" title="hotpink = #ff69b4">hotpink</td>
        <td style="background-color:palevioletred" title="palevioletred = #db7093">palevioletred</td>
        <td style="background-color:deeppink" title="deeppink = #ff1493">deeppink</td>
        <td style="background-color:crimson" title="crimson = #dc143c">crimson</td>
        <td style="background-color:darkmagenta;color:white;" title="darkmagenta = #8b008b">darkmagenta</td>
      </tr>

</tbody>

</table>

</body>

</html>
Old 06-12-2024, 03:54 PM   #11
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
For what it may be worth, I see the same thing. Rebeccapurple does not work but #663399 does work. This has been reported to Kobo.
Code:
<td style="background-color:rebeccapurple;color:white;" title="rebeccapurple = #663399">
          rebeccapurple
        </td>
      </tr>
Code:
<td style="background-color:#663399;color:white;" title="rebeccapurple = #663399">
          rebeccapurple
        </td>
      </tr>
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	screen_002.png
Views:	51
Size:	238.2 KB
ID:	208820   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_001.png
Views:	58
Size:	239.9 KB
ID:	208821  

Last edited by DNSB; 06-12-2024 at 03:57 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 05:55 PM   #12
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I too have spent a fair amount of time reading about css, html, etc. I had already edited a few stylesheets identical to your code below without success. Various hex equivalents have not been recognized either. It must be something I am not doing but haven't a clue what that may be.
Quote:
Ok, I already figured it was not just me

I had little experience too in the past, when I found this forum and joined it. I experimented a lot and start loving google as my friend.
For the moment I did found a possible solution (=workaround):
Code:
a {
  text-decoration: none;
  color: blue;
}
It seems that CSS elements do not seem to have default (color) values within Kobo LC (for EPUB), so explicitly setting them works (for me at least) for the moment. I still consider the LC as a work in progress.
Old 06-13-2024, 08:11 AM   #13
DrChiper
Bookish

Quote:
It must be something I am not doing but haven't a clue what that may be.
We are all here on the same level, broh
But by all means, do keep trying
Old 06-13-2024, 03:26 PM   #14
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
We are all here on the same level, broh
But by all means, do keep trying
I'm not a broh but thank you for the encouragement.
Old 06-13-2024, 03:49 PM   #15
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Quote:
I did some color tests and found the following results (see attachment KLC screenshot).
Mark the missing color last column, 4th entry from bottom. That was supposed to be "rebeccapurple", but seems to be not displayable on the KLC, it is in the calibre viewer and other devices.
Sorry, I apologise. I totally misunderstood that this was an HTML rendering issue where a standard "HTML color name" was ignored and not really about the colour. Was it an epub or kepub or both?

I have a worse confession! I've never used "color names". I just put the RrGgBb hex and if in doubt occasionally use a colour picker gadget to see the hex code.