Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-09-2024, 03:34 AM   #16
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Also the screen orientation detection is still live for a little while after sleep activated. I don't use the NickelMenu*, but I realised I needed to hold the ereader upright for a moment and set it down carefully after initiating sleep with button or cover.

Anyway, though at first the Libra and Sage annoyingly flipped now they rarely do. I guess I've got used to holding them. I'm not sure why there is no manual only setting, like the Kindle DXG has, though that resets to auto if the reader is reset/rebooted. Auto is seriously annoying on the DXG.

[* I had it for a while on the Elipsa]
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2024, 08:48 PM   #17
Tawn
Connoisseur
Tawn began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Also the screen orientation detection is still live for a little while after sleep activated...Anyway, though at first the Libra and Sage annoyingly flipped now they rarely do. I guess I've got used to holding them.
I've been using the NickleMenu portrait setting for quite some time. Typically all I get is a quick flash of upside down occasionally at sleep/wake. But no more fiddling to get the orientation correct. Not perfect, but seems quite helpful to me. YMMV.
Tawn is offline   Reply With Quote