Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-02-2024, 03:05 PM   #1
Rugbyfan1986
Rugbyfan1986 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Signed out unexpectedly

Hello,

I have just accessed my kobo desktop to discover I have been signed out without my knowledge, has anyone else had this happen to them?

Slightly annoyed as I now have to re download over 4400 books I have bought from kobo over the years.

Thanks
Rugbyfan 1986
Rugbyfan1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2024, 08:46 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbyfan1986 View Post
Hello,

I have just accessed my kobo desktop to discover I have been signed out without my knowledge, has anyone else had this happen to them?

Slightly annoyed as I now have to re download over 4400 books I have bought from kobo over the years.

Thanks
Rugbyfan 1986
Do you use calibre with Kobo Utilities to backup your database?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2024, 09:23 AM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'm pretty certain that Kobo Utilities will not back up the database from the Kobo Desktop app (PC or Mac) though it would be easy enough to write a script to backup the Book.sqlite and Kobo.sqlite on a daily basis.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2024, 11:12 PM   #4
Rugbyfan1986
Rugbyfan1986 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
No, I only use calibre to set the series info, correct any errors in the title and author fields, convert kindle books to epub and ensure I have a backup copy of my books.

I prefer to use the kobo universe to sync reading progress across my various kobo's.

Thanks
Fenwick
Rugbyfan1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2024, 07:58 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
No, I only use calibre to set the series info, correct any errors in the title and author fields, convert kindle books to epub and ensure I have a backup copy of my books.

I prefer to use the kobo universe to sync reading progress across my various kobo's.

Thanks
Fenwick
Given that you have Kobo Utilities installed, why not use it to backup the database and settings? That would mean if you ever needed to restore, you could.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote