Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-01-2024, 12:00 AM   #1
clausworks
clausworks began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 3
Can't connect to local network (w/o internet)

I have a PW3 running firmware 5.16.2.1.1. I successfully jailbroke it using LanguageBreak. I have KUAL and kterm installed.

My goal is to use my Raspberry Pi 400 in access point mode and use that wireless connection to ssh to the Pi from the Kindle, ultimately using the Kindle as a monitor for the Pi. However, the Kindle doesn't want to connect to the Pi's network because it provides no internet access. Do you know if I can bypass this "feature" and connect to a local isolated network like this from the Kindle? If there's a way to do this from the command line, I'm open to that.

Thanks!
clausworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2024, 06:35 AM   #2
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle PW1
Create empty (txt) file with filename "WIFI_NO_NET_PROBE" (so, without any extension) in root level of Kindle drive ( = "/mnt/us/WIFI_NO_NET_PROBE") and then reboot your Kindle.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
network connection, raspberry pi, ssh