Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-30-2024, 01:50 AM   #1
albertserene
albertserene began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Need help with Jailbreak

Hi,

I having a Kindle Paper White 3 with firmware 5.12.2. I have followed the instruction from a website. Here are my progress.
1. Use "file:///kindlebreak.html". It reboot and complete the process.
2. Install MRI files into Kindle. This part is very strange because the instruction just say copy files into Kindle without telling us what to do with it.
3. Install KUAL. I copied all the .bin file into the extension folder. Then, execute ";log mri". It shows the package screen and reboot.

It supposed to show the Kual screen and an instruction book inside my library. But there is no thing. No Kual at the home screen.

Can someone tell me what is wrong?

Also, I try to download the package for KOReader. But the website only have the source code. Where on that page is the package for it?

Thanks a lot.
albertserene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2024, 04:59 AM   #2
albertserene
albertserene began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I have gone through the jailbreak and installed Kual and KOreader. But the problem is, when I tried to start the KOreader. The screen just flashes and does nothing. Hope someone can help me. Thanks.
albertserene is offline   Reply With Quote