Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-06-2024, 07:28 PM   #1
xiaojohn
Enthusiast
xiaojohn began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Poke5, Boox MaxLumi and Boox Tab Ultra C
Pixel 7 error when connecting with Calibre

When I connect my Pixel 7 phone to my computer, it is recognised by Calibre but Calibre freezes within 20 seconds. When I disconnect, I get the message below.Any suggestions?

calibre, version 7.4.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>WPDError</b>:C:\r\src\src\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\conten t_enumeration.cpp:337:Failed to EnumObjects() of folder from device:[hr=0x802a0002 wCode=0] Shutdown was already called on this object or the object that owns it.: o9

calibre 7.4 embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.22621-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.22621')
Python 3.11.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.22621', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (2, 8, 1) && DeDRM (10, 0, 3) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (2, 8, 1) && Annotations (1, 17, 13) && Favourites Menu (1, 3, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 10, 8) && Generate Cover (2, 3, 3) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (2, 8, 1) && From KFX (2, 8, 1) && KFX Input (2, 8, 1) && KePub Input (3, 6, 6) && KePub Metadata Reader (3, 4, 3) && KePub Metadata Writer (3, 4, 3) && KePub Output (3, 6, 6) && Kobo Books (1, 9, 2) && Kobo Utilities (2, 16, 13) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 6, 7) && Obok DeDRM (10, 0, 3) && Quality Check (1, 13, 8) && Reading List (1, 15, 1) && Resize Cover (1, 2, 0) && View Manager (1, 10, 2)
wpd.WPDError: C:\r\src\src\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\content_e numeration.cpp:337:Failed to EnumObjects() of folder from device:[hr=0x802a0002 wCode=0] Shutdown was already called on this object or the object that owns it.: o9
xiaojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 08:44 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
What does freeze mean? Look at the rotating spinner in the bottom right. Is it still spinning? If so let it be and scan of the device will eventually finish. MTP is very slow. After the initial scan you can configure what folders on the device should be scanned in the future to speed it up.

ANd disconnecting a device while in th emiddle of syncing it will cause errors.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 11:12 PM   #3
xiaojohn
Enthusiast

By freeze I mean the bottom right spinner stops. l have left it for up to 30 mins, but Calibre remains unresponsive until I unplug the phone, at which point I get the error message I posted. But I'll try again, leaving it for an hour, if that's what you advise.
Old 02-06-2024, 11:26 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That sounds like something is hanging in the windows WPD driver for the device. You can try resetting the device or alternately use one of the wireless connection methods described at: https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...kindle-fire-hd
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 12:53 AM   #5
xiaojohn
Enthusiast

It's working now. I just needed to be more patient - it took about an hour for Calibre to scan my whole phone. I've now configured it so Calibre only scans one folder, and it all works perfectly. Thanks for your help.