Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 08-14-2003, 06:38 AM   #1
skylab
skylab began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TungstenT
Scheduling, converting: pls help

Hi guys,

isiloX was working fantastic for me, and scheduling was great.

after being attacked by the blaster worm, i've just recently got my computer up and running.

now, isiloX won't schedule my task for conversion properly.

1) when i'm not connected to the internet, and have a task for conversion that is scheduled to happen, isiloX does not prompt me to connect to the internet to convert the page.

isiloX just converts it itself(starts scheduling), while still offline, naturally resulting in a void page (1k)

2) when the scheduled time has passed, and when i then log on to the net, it won't start to convert the document.

opening the document shows it to only have 1kb, and it wasn't converted properly.

could someone please help> i'm still learning how to make this work.

really hope to solve this problem

thanks very much in advance

Last edited by skylab; 08-14-2003 at 07:17 AM.
Old 08-14-2003, 09:34 PM   #2
skylab

okay, let me try to rephrase this...

when i'm not connected to the net or my computer is OFF , conversions that are scheduled earlier don't work.

instead, isiloX tries to convert webpages when not connected to the net. this results in a conversion of 1kB with nothing inside.

then,

when i log on to the net, the past scheduled conversions don't attempt to start converting.

instead, it remains as a void conversion (with nothing)

cld someone please advice me?

Last edited by skylab; 08-20-2003 at 03:53 AM.
Old 08-20-2003, 03:55 AM   #3
skylab

<bump?>

anyone?
Old 08-21-2003, 12:24 AM   #4
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Sorry skylab, I can't help you, as I've never played with the scheduling aspects of isilox (tho only way I can get anything through my firewall is using the converter built into IE :-( )

I'm sure someone with more experience in this area will raise their hand.

Regards,
Craig.
Old 08-21-2003, 03:04 AM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
skylab,

before we think further of what could cause your problem, did you try to reinstall iSiloX?
Old 08-21-2003, 03:08 AM   #6
skylab

thanks for your replies..

yes, i did remove isiloX using "Add/remove programs" from control panel (using Windows XP Pro)

reinstalled it again.. and there it goes.. same problem.
Old 08-21-2003, 07:41 AM   #7
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Hmmpf... I suggest you contact Darren (user iSilo here) since I am pretty clueless

Sorry...
Old 08-21-2003, 07:55 AM   #8
skylab

no worries,

thanks very much for your help though. will try and see if Darren can help me out.
Old 08-21-2003, 01:08 PM   #9
Madman_X
Madman_X began at the beginning.

sorry to hear about your troubles (in)

I've still been searching for a good way to schedule/automate downloads of web sites since Windows 2000 has a scheduler bug (at least this SP did that I have at work). I finally resorted to a script based schedule wizard that I place in my startup group. It's very configurable, but takes some scripting to get it up an running with Isilox. If you can't get scheduler to work and decide to give it a try, find it here:

http://www.authord.com/

Good luck,

Madman_X
Old 08-21-2003, 03:12 PM   #10
radleyp
Evangelist
radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Global, iphone4, ipad
Why are you using Windows scheduler to do website conversions? You can now do that directly from iSilo. Were you not aware of that? Just download iSilo4. radleyp
Old 08-21-2003, 11:53 PM   #11
skylab

well, isiloX (using version 3.35) has it's scheduler too. but from what i'm aware, isiloX's scheduling is done through the use of window's scheduler.

i am not sure where the problem lies in, whether isiloX, or windows scheduler.

but i think i'll give madman_x's suggestion offers a good alternative.