Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 01-31-2022, 05:30 AM   #1
Edo78
Edo78 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Edo78 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Edo78 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Edo78 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Edo78 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Edo78 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Edo78 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Edo78 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Edo78 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Edo78 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Edo78 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: KOReader on Kobo Clara HD
KOReader Highlights in Obsidian

I'm on board with ereader (in my case Kobo and Koreader) for less than a month now but I'm already a big enthusiast. I grew reading a lot but, now that I'm an adult I have no space to keep books (and with two little daughters it was hard to even find the time) but now I feel the old pleasure growing back and I've always liked to take note (not direclty on the books, I'm not a monster ). KOReader is great but the keyboard (expecially for Italian language) isn't the best so I just write a few lines to elaborate on them later.

I found another great open source sw to take/edit note: Obsidian. Sadly it has only a plugin to grab notes from Kindle so I did the only thing that I can do.

I started writing an Obsidian plugin to import notes from koreader. It's still a young project but it's growing fast with a lot of feature and settings

If you want to give a look at the readme of my plugin to decide if it can help you https://github.com/Edo78/obsidian-koreader-sync

Obviously you'll need Obsidian ( https://obsidian.md/ ) to use my plugin but to me it's a bonus

I'm open to discuss new feature or *GASP* eventual bugs here or on issues on github

I'm also looking for feedback:
- you like the idea but don't want to use it, why?
- you don't like it, why?
- ... ?

Thank you very much
Edo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 03:12 PM   #2
mbrisco
(gtfo/freak)
mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Alita
I like it but it would be a lot better if it were an addition to the Export Highlights plug-in of KOReader. No USB required. Not sure how Obsidian’s server stuff works though
mbrisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 05:21 AM   #3
reader1xz
reader1xz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Thanks so much as an Avid Obsidian and Koreader user this will be awesome!!!
reader1xz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 07:02 PM   #4
edojan
Enthusiast
edojan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Aura H2O
I don't know if this is still relevant, but why not use a simple workflow:
1. Use Koreader's menu to export annotations to .md (it will place both the highlights, + your notes into the .clipboard folder naming it as [your bookname.md]
2. Connect your device to a PC via USB
3. Drag and drop the .md file to Obsidian

Easy enough.
edojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 07:27 PM   #5
mbrisco
(gtfo/freak)
mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Alita
Quote:
Originally Posted by edojan View Post
I don't know if this is still relevant, but why not use a simple workflow:
1. Use Koreader's menu to export annotations to .md (it will place both the highlights, + your notes into the .clipboard folder naming it as [your bookname.md]
2. Connect your device to a PC via USB
3. Drag and drop the .md file to Obsidian

Easy enough.
In 2023 on a WiFi enabled device, we ideally shouldn’t have to mess with plugging things in physically to transfer data
mbrisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 09:12 PM   #6
edojan
Enthusiast
edojan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrisco View Post
In 2023 on a WiFi enabled device, we ideally shouldn’t have to mess with plugging things in physically to transfer data
The key word here is "ideally". The above is a simple solution that works. While the "ideal" one doesn't. In addition, many keep their wi-fi off because of the unwanted firmware update can really mess things up
edojan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
note taking, obsidian