Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 10-05-2023, 10:23 PM   #1
Spacejack_2084
Spacejack_2084 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Autoscroll based on text density?

I've been using ICE book reader for a while but it's not available for legit download anymore since the company vanished. So I've been getting to know the Calibre viewer, and I'm able to dial it in pretty much to what I want, but there's one feature in ICE that I'd like to get back: it can autoscroll based on characters-per-second instead of lines-per-minute.

This makes for a very comfortable reading experience in autoscroll mode, since sequences of short-burst dialogue, or lines that have been truncated by justification, scroll past more quickly than full lines of text. I've found that this helps me maintain a comfortable pace, vs. going by line.

Is this the place to post a feature request?
Spacejack_2084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 10:42 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This would be fairly hard to implement robustly as one would need to inspect content to calculate the number of characters in the the line_height() region of the current screen. Browsers dont provide a convenient API for this. As such too much work for me, but patches are welcome.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote