Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-12-2023, 11:30 AM   #1
gbaldi
gbaldi began at the beginning.

Device: Huawey Matepad Paper
Huawey Matepad Paper: error sending eBooks from Calibre

Good evening everyone, and thanks in advance for your help.
I have a Matepad Paper, which is recognised regularly by Calibre. However, when I try to send books to the device (any format) I get an error message:

calibre, version 6.26.0
ERROR: Error: Communication error with device

Failed to create folder named Books in ('Memoria interna',) with error: 2:PTP Layer error 2009: LIBMTP_Create_Folder: Could not send object info.
2:Error 2009: PTP Invalid Object Handle

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre/gui2/device.py", line 104, in run
File "calibre/gui2/device.py", line 636, in _upload_books
File "calibre/devices/mtp/driver.py", line 438, in upload_books
File "calibre/devices/mtp/driver.py", line 414, in ensure_parent
File "calibre/devices/mtp/base.py", line 24, in synchronizer
File "calibre/devices/mtp/unix/driver.py", line 375, in create_folder
calibre.devices.errors.DeviceError: Failed to create folder named Books in ('Memoria interna',) with error: 2:PTP Layer error 2009: LIBMTP_Create_Folder: Could not send object info.
2:Error 2009: PTP Invalid Object Handle

I hope some of you can help me, I don't want to regret the purchase I just made.

Thanks!

Dino
gbaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 11:47 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Which OS?
Make sure no other program is accessing it and it's not "mounted".

Looks like it's USB MTP, not USB Mass Storage, so only one thing can access it.
Also make sure the device is in MTP mode not PTP mode.

Note that if using any OS using caja (e.g. Mint with Mate Desktop) or gvfs you will need to stop (not kill) gvf-mtp-volume-monitor or only the file manager can connect, not Calibre. On Mac OS and other Linux desktops you need to quit MTP helper or disable USB automount.

Last edited by Quoth; 09-12-2023 at 11:51 AM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 12:48 PM   #3
gbaldi

[QUOTE=Quoth;4355666]Which OS?

You are right, sorry: Mac OS 13.4 Ventura.

I'm very inexperienced and I'm not sure I understand what you kindly advised. I have tried ejecting the Matepad from the Mac (keeping it connected to Calibre) but I get the same error. With my Kobo and not even with an old Kindle have I ever had such problems and I am a little disoriented...
s there an easy way to configure Calibre (or the Matepad) in the correct way?

Thank you very much

Dino
Old 09-12-2023, 01:07 PM   #4
gbaldi

I forgot to mention that I checked and the Matepad is set in MPT mode as you suggest.
Old 09-12-2023, 04:05 PM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Re: MacOS
Quote:
if Android File Transfer has opened, you will need to close AFT before calibre will be able to see your Scribe.
The Kindle Scribe, Android phones and Android Tablets all have this issue.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...5&postcount=15

The other Kindles (currently) and Kobos use the different USB Mass Storage mode, so don't have this issue.

Edit:
P.S. is it a Huawei Matepad Paper?
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 10:08 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That is an error creating a top level folder on the device I think some MTP devices prevent you from doing so. So right click on the device in calibre and configure it changing the destination books are sent to, to an already existing folder.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote