Notices

Old 09-02-2023, 12:29 PM   #1
WV-Mike
Connoisseur
WV-Mike began at the beginning.

Device: None
In Sigil I would like to create one "master" Section0001.xhtml and make copies

Greetings,

In Sigil I would like to create one "master" Section0001.xhtml and make copies and re-name them for all the sections I will add.
I have the default Section0001.xhtml linked to the CSS and I have edited the metada with Title, Author, etc.

Is it advisable to make any other changes before I copy the Section0001.xhtml for the added chapters?

Thanks,
WV-Mike
WV-Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 01:22 PM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
FYI, once you have what you want. There is a template xhtml page you can set to be loaded by Sigil. It was added in Sigil 1.9.20.

From its release notes:

Quote:
add ability for a user-template*.xhtml and user-template*.css be read from Sigil Prefs to create new empty xhtml and css files
Where * is replaced by 2 for epub2 and 3 for epub3.

Last edited by KevinH; 09-02-2023 at 01:26 PM. Reason: tes:
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 02:17 PM   #3
WV-Mike
Connoisseur
WV-Mike began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
FYI, once you have what you want. There is a template xhtml page you can set to be loaded by Sigil. It was added in Sigil 1.9.20.

From its release notes:
Where * is replaced by 2 for epub2 and 3 for epub3.
Thanks, Kevin.

It is the "once you have what you want" I would like some feedback on before I make multiple copies of the default index file.

WV-Mike
WV-Mike is offline   Reply With Quote