Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 08-14-2023, 10:46 AM   #1
mooncaptain
mooncaptain began at the beginning.

Device: kindle app
how to split epub full of .png files

I downloaded a epub that is a combination of sanskrit and text and each page is a .png file and it is quite large so I want to split it into 4 chapters by selecting 4 blocks of png files. I have the split plug in installed.

I think I need to build a toc to do this correctly but can't seem to get started on how to do it.

Any hints would be appreciated.

Thanks.
mooncaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 11:24 AM   #2
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Using calibre editor (right click > Edit book), insert an xhtml file before each part you want to split with the following text:
Code:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" lang="en" xml:lang="en">
  <head>
   </head>
  <body>
    <h1>My Book Title - Part 1</h1>
  </body>
</html>
Replace the part in blue with the appropriate text.

Note: You can insert a new empty xhtml by going to File > New File.

Now using the editor's TOC tool (Tools > Table of contents > Edit table of contents), create headers from the parts you just inserted, after which you can use the plugin to split at desired points.
capink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 03:28 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What ePub is just images other then manga or comics?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 05:41 PM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What ePub is just images other then manga or comics?
Scanned PDF with no OCR layer converted to epub!
I've downloaded a few and gone back and got the PDF instead!
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote