Villard
Connoisseur
Villard began at the beginning.

Device: Koreader running on Kobo Libra 2
Remove-tag when class contains a whitespace

Hello

How can I remove this div tag :
<div class="actions-under-image js-paywall-remove-element">
How can I deal with the whitespace between the two elements ?
Thank you
Villard
Villard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 10:17 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
spaces are handled automatically, just specify the class name you want to remove.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2023, 03:51 PM   #3
Villard
Connoisseur

Thanks Kovid for your reply.
I'd tried :
remove_tags = [dict(name='div', class_='actions-under-image js-paywall-remove-element')]

but it does not work.

I must have an error somewhere else.
I have to investigate further to find it.

Villard
Old 07-09-2023, 12:31 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Code:
dict(name='div', attrs={'class':['actions_under_image']})
will work
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 03:08 AM   #5
Villard
Connoisseur

It does not work.
I think the original website may have some problems because when I run the recipe with only the remove_tags instruction (see below), I get no news at all : the section page is blank and no article is included ! So this remove_tags instruction has an effect on the section page !!

If I replace the remove_tags instruction by an other one like remove_tags = [dict(name='div', class_='read-also')], it works fine : the section page is correct and the article page is cleaned as required.

I will investigate more.
Villard

class LaCroix(BasicNewsRecipe):
title = 'La Croix'
oldest_article = 7
max_articles_per_feed = 100
auto_cleanup = False
no_stylesheets = True
needs_subscription = 'optional'
language = 'fr'

feeds = [
('Actualités : France', 'https://www.la-croix.com/RSS/UNIVERS_WFRA'),
]
remove_tags = dict(name='div', attrs={'class':['actions-under-image js-paywall-remove-element']})

Last edited by Villard; 07-09-2023 at 04:17 AM.