Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-12-2023, 12:07 PM   #2116
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseen Entities View Post
I'm glad theres a way to get a high quality versions, but I can say I'm thrilled about it compared to K4PC 1.17. Thank god you got people here figuring this arcane shit out and willing to post explanations...
Amazon is really trying hard to plug all the holes. There is only one way that works, and many others that are proven to NOT work. Even Android Emulator cannot be made to download high res versions, it will give KFX.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 01:35 PM   #2117
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I... would not be surprised if it'll be closed up entirely soon. A certain shady commercial DRM remover (which is known for using unattributed open-source code) recently added the emulated Android method, and having it available commercially...
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 03:14 PM   #2118
TheSmitty
Addict
TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite SE, Libra 2, Oasis 3, Boox Note Air 3C, iPad Pro 11
The day I discover I cannot backup a book I purchased from Amazon will be the day I go fully Kobo...
TheSmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 05:55 PM   #2119
Smitmiller
Smitmiller began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
You and me both, TheSmitty. You and me both.
Smitmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 06:00 PM   #2120
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmitty View Post
The day I discover I cannot backup a book I purchased from Amazon will be the day I go fully Kobo...
Don't necessarily need to go full Kobo! See the original post for links to sites that sell no-DRM or Adobe DRM books.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2023, 11:08 PM   #2121
plurbs
plurbs began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
nope, im out

I have a Kobo libra 2.

My mate has published a book but its only on amazon kindle £2.50 to buy.

Came in here to see if I could buy and remove DRM... after half an hour instead I decided to buy a used 10th gen kindle from ebay for £40.

...its nice to see there is a solution out there but I could not be bothered in the end working out how to do it. Been about 10 years since I last did stuff like this. But glad a work around exists, keep up the good fight people.

plurbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2023, 11:21 PM   #2122
TheSmitty
Addict
TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite SE, Libra 2, Oasis 3, Boox Note Air 3C, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by plurbs View Post
I have a Kobo libra 2.

My mate has published a book but its only on amazon kindle £2.50 to buy.

Came in here to see if I could buy and remove DRM... after half an hour instead I decided to buy a used 10th gen kindle from ebay for £40.

...its nice to see there is a solution out there but I could not be bothered in the end working out how to do it. Been about 10 years since I last did stuff like this. But glad a work around exists, keep up the good fight people.

Yeah it was a little work to get it all setup and everything but now that it is it simply works now. To do it for one book would be a pain. However i went through the whole process so I could liberate the 700+ books I had on kindle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheSmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 08:32 AM   #2123
Sats
Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Dedrm modifications?

Out of curiosity, did anybody try my modifications to dedrm plugins? They (and running debugger on Kindle) seemed easier than installing bluestacks to me, though I have little to no idea if they work for anybody else.
FWIW, I also have a fork with them, though i do not intend to maintain it.
Sats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 08:43 AM   #2124
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sats View Post
Out of curiosity, did anybody try my modifications to dedrm plugins? They (and running debugger on Kindle) seemed easier than installing bluestacks to me, though I have little to no idea if they work for anybody else.
Nope. No need.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 10:07 AM   #2125
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus, Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
No need to decrypt books from K4PC 1.40 for me either. But I do appreciate having a release with the other bug fixes!
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 04:20 PM   #2126
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
@Sats — Are you able to PM me? When I try to PM you, it says you've either chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages (perhaps because you're too new).

ETA: Your modifications are working for me on K4Mac. Amazing work. (I was hesitant to post because I thought I was doing something weird and getting a false positive, but since jhowell confirmed I'm not imagining things, kudos to you!

Last edited by odamizu; 06-21-2023 at 06:41 PM.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 05:24 PM   #2127
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
It works for me on books obtained from a Kindle device and from the latest version of Kindle for PC.

Quote:
FWIW, I also have a fork with them...
There is a thread on MobileRead for announcements of new versions of the DRM removal tools. You could post there if you want to draw more attention to your fork. However you may want to consider something before doing that.

Whenever a new version of the DeDRM plugin has been released that breaks KFX DRM, Amazon has immediately switched to a different DRM scheme already implemented and ready to go in Kindle reader software. Perhaps Amazon will not bother at this point but the more you publicize your fork the greater the chance that Amazon will take notice and change the DRM in use to block it.

Quote:
...though i do not intend to maintain it.
That is understandable. It is unfortunate that the latest maintainer (NoDRM) has apparently lost interest in this project.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 07:36 PM   #2128
Sats
Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
@Sats — Are you able to PM me? When I try to PM you, it says you've either chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages (perhaps because you're to new).
I don't think I can. I don't seem to have the menu for it. Probably too new, or too few posts, as you said. And will probably stay that way, since public forums are not really my thing these days.
And yes, Mac version has the very same scramble functions as Windows version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
It works for me on books obtained from a Kindle device and from the latest version of Kindle for PC.

There is a thread on MobileRead for announcements of new versions of the DRM removal tools. You could post there if you want to draw more attention to your fork. However you may want to consider something before doing that.

Whenever a new version of the DeDRM plugin has been released that breaks KFX DRM, Amazon has immediately switched to a different DRM scheme already implemented and ready to go in Kindle reader software. Perhaps Amazon will not bother at this point but the more you publicize your fork the greater the chance that Amazon will take notice and change the DRM in use to block it.
True, and I have got enough publicity for now... That said, from my glimpse into Kindle process, they did not change much from 1.17 to 1.40, so the bulk of the work was already done by whoever wrote original decryption. They still have 11 versions of the "key" they had before, and I only found 3 scramble functions (one is the same as in 1.17, one is for 1.40, and one... I have no idea), so unless I am blind (very possible!) I am not sure what they would be switching to... Updating software to include more is trivial for them, of course.

Quote:
That is understandable. It is unfortunate that the latest maintainer (NoDRM) has apparently lost interest in this project.
It is just tedious and legally iffy work. Challenging the first time, but then one might spend a month just doing the same thing as before (ugh, widevine) for something the other side can fix by recompiling their binary. So if/when it breaks, I am not updating it unless I need to use it myself, which is a rare enough occasion (I mostly buy books without DRM). At least the changes in Kindle this time were simple enough that it only took me a day. Does make me wonder how many people used it on the sly though
Sats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 07:56 PM   #2129
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
I don't think I can [PM]. I don't seem to have the menu for it. Probably too new, or too few posts, as you said. And will probably stay that way, since public forums are not really my thing these days.
That's okay. I was just going to PM my results since I wasn't sure if I had a false positive. But now that jhowell has confirmed I'm not imagining things, no need to PM
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 03:58 AM   #2130
innocenat
Zealot
innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PPW5, Quaderno A4, Supernote A6X, Leaf 2
Quote:

(...)

So I shouldn't be surprised if there are FW 5.15.1.2 in a few days?
innocenat is offline   Reply With Quote