Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-13-2023, 08:45 PM   #1
Tan
Connoisseur
Tan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
KOBO HD AURA issue with read yes/no

I am using Davids add on for Kobo Aura HD (which is brilliant). I have a column on the desktop Calibre for %read and another column for read yes/no (which is a green tick or red cross.) When I have finished reading a book and connect Kobo back to desktop, the % read is 100%. But it doesn’t change the read tick/cross to green tick. How can I do this?
Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 09:14 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tan View Post
I am using Davids add on for Kobo Aura HD (which is brilliant). I have a column on the desktop Calibre for %read and another column for read yes/no (which is a green tick or red cross.) When I have finished reading a book and connect Kobo back to desktop, the % read is 100%. But it doesn’t change the read tick/cross to green tick. How can I do this?
Did you configure the plugin to know what column is used for what?
Making the column is not enough, only step 1
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 11:10 PM   #3
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tan View Post
Making an assumption here: If you have a manually-set yes/no column, this isn't possible.

Alternate is to go to Calibre Preferences > Look & Feel > Column Icons and set icons. One for between 0 - 99, and one for 100.

Another alternate: This template in a composite ('column built from other columns') using Show Checkmarks should work. Make sure column lookup is right.

Code:
program:
## Set to your percent read column
	read = $$#percentread;

if read >=#0 && read <=#99 then 'No'
	elif read ==# 100 then 'Yes'
	fi

Last edited by ownedbycats; 04-14-2023 at 11:17 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2023, 07:40 PM   #4
Tan
Connoisseur

KOBO HD AURA issue with read yes/no

here is my pref under column icons (attached). Can you please walk me through how to do this. I am not good at this programming stuff, thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre look and feel.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	201067  
Old 04-15-2023, 09:31 PM   #5
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Try these. I'll give you an extra status that comes in very helpful

For read books:

Name:	2023-04-15 22_30_11-Create_edit a column icon rule.png
Views:	89
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	201069

For unread books:

Name:	2023-04-15 22_30_37-Create_edit a column icon rule.png
Views:	89
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	201070

For currently-reading books:

Name:	2023-04-15 22_30_59-Create_edit a column icon rule.png
Views:	92
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	201071

You may want to set "icon without text" instead. The percent-read will still be available via tooltip.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 04-15-2023 at 09:36 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 04:25 AM   #6
Tan
Connoisseur

Thank you ownedbycats
It is asking for an icon?
I don't remember setting an icon for the other 2 I have in there. On the column it just has the number 100 in read. How can I make it the same? (see attach)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	calibre11.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	201170