Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-09-2023, 10:40 AM   #1
CalibreAlan
CalibreAlan began at the beginning.

Device: none
CALIBRE ROOKIE - Trying to Import from IPad

I'm new to Calibre, but I have read the guidelines, and watched 2 videos.

We read books on our IOs devices via the Kindle App.

I'm trying to Import all my Kindle books from where they reside. Some are on our IPad, but most reside on the Amazon website because we only download 1 book at a time to read.

I've attached my IPad via USB to my W10 Desktop where Calibre resides, but I don't see the IPad listed anywhere in Calibre as a potential source of our books. (The Ipad does have a 4 or 5 Kindle books on it.)

When I choose ADD BOOKS, Calibre wants me to choose a Location on my Desktop. I don't see any option for importing from our Ipad.

What the heck am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help,

Alan
CalibreAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 04:24 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You cannot connect your iPad to Calibre via the USB port. One thing that works is to upload to cloud storage such as Dropbox or Onedrive and using the cloud storage apps, send them to the Kindle app.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote