Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-24-2023, 05:08 PM   #1
hovering
hovering began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Calibre sending files to wrong location on Nook

Not sure when this happened but after a previous update I noticed I could not SEE the books I just sent to device. After a little investigation I see that they are not getting sent to NOOK/MyFiles/Books/ anymore. Now they are getting sent to NOOK/Books/. So Calibre sees they are on the device but you can NOT view files on nook in this folder. I have to manually move them to the correct folder in order to access them on my device. Can you fix this problem so it loads correctly again?
hovering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 05:27 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
That is likely an issue with your save template in the Nook device interface driver.

Possibly something like "/MyFiles/Books/{author_sort:sublist(0,1,&)}/{title} - {authors:sublist(0,1,&)}" minus the quotes would work.

The sublist bit is what I use to keep file and path length under control. The /MyFiles will need to be removed if the contents of that directory are what you see when your Nook is connected to your computer.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 08:22 PM   #3
hovering

I don't know what you mean by nook device interface driver. I have made no changes to device or calibre besides updating it to the latest version. When this nook first came out I remember the books weren't getting loaded to the right place and an update was done to fix it. If the books aren't in MyFiles then they will not show up on the device when you turn it on. It doesn't recognize them and load them otherwise.
Old 03-07-2023, 08:50 PM   #4
hovering

if you are talking about the plugin I've just been playing around with it and it doesn't work. I tryed what you typed I tryed the default with /My Files/Books/ in front of it.. it just sends them to Nook/Books/Books/[author] instead of sending them to Nook/My Files/Books/[author]
Old 03-07-2023, 10:04 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That change was made deliberately and it works fine with most modern nooks. What model are you using.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1990730
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 07:42 PM   #6
hovering

Nook glowlight.. I think its 3
Old 03-11-2023, 08:11 PM   #7
hovering

I looked at that and tried it it still doesn't work right. They still get sent to the wrong folder for me to be able to see and read them on nook. that just sends them to Nook/Books/Books/MyFiles/Books/author name/file name
Old 03-11-2023, 08:22 PM   #8
hovering

Ok it will not show up under the sort selection of My Files. However it did show up when I sorted by Books