Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-16-2019, 02:51 AM   #1
Ubiquity
Ubiquity began at the beginning.

Device: Android phone
Any possibility to link portable device via FTP protocol?

Hi, has anyone managed a possibility to connect(pair) mobile device using FTP(S) protocol? That's the only persistent and comfort way I have connected my phone when at home. My idea is have a FTP profile stored somewhere in Calibre and while the book manager is running, test the device presence using the FTP connection. If detected, connect to it and handle remote folder just as if it was connected using USB.
Ubiquity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 03:43 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I don't think it exists, but it should be possible to write driver that uses FTP to talk to a device. But, you should be able to achieve the same thing by mounting the FTP server as a disk or folder (depending on OS and tools). Then you can use the "Folder Device" to have calibre treat the folder as a device.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 05:43 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Ubiquity - the CalibreSpy plugin has some FTP support ==>> Index of plugins

Quote:
FTP books to a server or device. FTP Delete that same book.
Search the thread for details.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 12:24 PM   #4
mirh
mirh doesn't littermirh doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Tolino Vision HD 4
Direct link to UI example (because people are just so blind)

Alternatively, I guess like this feature could also be worked around with some external client like WinSCP, once you enable automatic folder tracking/synchronization.
mirh is offline   Reply With Quote