erymaxuk
erymaxuk began at the beginning.

Device: jlalik14@gmail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiat_Lux View Post
So Zotero works if, and only if either of the following is true:
* The PDF contains accurate metadata;
* The PDF has a DOI printed somewhere within;

I suspected that something like that was the case.
It will update DOI and metadata online with crossreference if not find in pdf.

You can drag and drop pdf's into Mendeley and update metadata online then export all as 1 bib file and import into Zotero. Menedely does not export to csv.

Same with bib's, I import all bib files created with Saxon from xml files into Mendeley, update metadata, export as one bib to import into Zotero and export as csv. Altrnatively you can use Jabref or Endnote. I use endnote for exported citations from NLM as medline txt file and import them into endnote, then export as endnote xml which you can import into Zotero.

For Zotero you need to install some plug-in's like managing DOI's. Look at the webpage of Zotero.
erymaxuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2023, 12:12 PM   #32
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
erymaxuk,

Could you be so kind as to attach one of your huge .bib files, especially those with Abstracts, to your post so that I run it through my new Job Spy GUI Tool "BIB Catalog to RIS Converter/Exploder to Auto-Add" as a real-world stress and accuracy test before I release it next week?

I have been downloading open source journal citations individually from PLOS; my Zotero instance has only 3 dozen journal citations for use in testing my "Zotero Metadata Importer' (ZMI) plugin with non-pdf Zotero .csv exports, as well as exporting from Zotero directly as .ris files for testing my RIS GUI Tools in Job Spy. I have a lot of .pdf items in Zotero, but not enough journal items.

Thank you so much in advance.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2023, 05:58 PM   #33
erymaxuk
erymaxuk began at the beginning.

Device: jlalik14@gmail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
erymaxuk,

Could you be so kind as to attach one of your huge .bib files, especially those with Abstracts, to your post so that I run it through my new Job Spy GUI Tool "BIB Catalog to RIS Converter/Exploder to Auto-Add" as a real-world stress and accuracy test before I release it next week?

I have been downloading open source journal citations individually from PLOS; my Zotero instance has only 3 dozen journal citations for use in testing my "Zotero Metadata Importer' (ZMI) plugin with non-pdf Zotero .csv exports, as well as exporting from Zotero directly as .ris files for testing my RIS GUI Tools in Job Spy. I have a lot of .pdf items in Zotero, but not enough journal items.

Thank you so much in advance.

DaltonST
Dear DaltonST, of course I do with pleasure. I attach a bib file with around 17K citations. Looking forward for your updated ZMI. Sorry for delay, my location is Thailand, bdw. best source for citations is PMC (PubMedCentral)
Attached Files
File Type: zip PMC080123.zip (10.74 MB, 122 views)

Last edited by erymaxuk; 02-18-2023 at 06:01 PM.
erymaxuk is offline   Reply With Quote